Chapter Seven: Short and Sweet

**Okay guys here's the deal. I am so exhausted I can barely spell my own name, let alone come up with a plotline for this chapter. I don't know what I'm going to do, so fair warning, it'll probably suck. But, it's an update. If I didn't have to update tonight, I'd probably already be asleep. And as of right now, it's only 8:10PM. Yup. So anyway... this chapter will be just like its title: short and sweet.**

<Laura's POV>

It sucked so bad that Myla had summer classes. Sure, I had a job, but I was off this week, and therefore, I didn't have much to do. I checked the time on my phone... 11:48. Myla should be out of class, normally her class ends at 11:30. I dialed her number....but no answer. I tried again. Nada.

Okay, so I knew people were busy, Myla being one of those people, but still, she normally answers. She was probably driving. So, I waited about 20 minutes, knowing it took her about 15 minutes to get home, then I called again. No answer. I sighed, and then let it go to voicemail.

"Yo Myla, I don't know why you won't answer your phone, but you really should, because I'm bored. Okay bye."

I hung up, feeling a little lost. I'd already beaten both of the summer video games I had bought, watched both my new movies, and even made myself some cookies. I was pretty used to spending most of my time with Myla... even though she was kinda quiet, things were better with her here. Sighing, I threw on my swimsuit and went to the pool out back, laid on a raft, and started playing strategy games on my phone. Boring, boring, boring.

<Myla's POV>

Kiba and I had been flirting a little in the time that I had been there. I had flicked my phone onto silent so I wasn't distracted by it, but when I pressed it to check the time (12:30PM), I realized I had several missed calls from Laura. Apologizing to Kiba in advance, I called her back. She answered on the second ring.

"Did you get my voicemail?"

"No," I answered, "I don't check my voicemail. You know that."

"Where are you?" she asked.

"Out," I said vaguely. I heard her sigh.

"Yeah? Tell Kiba I said hi," she said. I blinked.

"How the hell did you—" I started, but she cut me off.

"Because you're my best friend, I just know you," she said. "Look, Myla, I'm bored as hell, what are you doing later?"

I chewed on my lip. "I don't work today, so... nothing, after I leave here," I said. Kiba was watching me, and I felt myself blush. "Do you wanna come over tonight? Mom is going out with some friends."

"Yeah, sounds good. I'm gonna go, I'm in the pool," she said. I rolled my eyes, even though she couldn't see it.

"Yeah, don't drop your phone in the pool. Two good?"

"I'll be there at 2, yeah. Bye."

I hung up with Laura, and looked at Kiba. "Sorry, Laura gets lonely," I giggled. Kiba looked thoughtful.

"Why don't you and Laura come over tonight? Naruto will be here, and I can get Kankuro over here too, I know Laura likes him."

I thought about it. "Sure," I said, "why not?"

>>>>>Time Skip>>>>>

<Laura's POV>

"Do I look cute?"

"You ALWAYS look cute."

"But do I look REALLY cute?"

"You look fine, Laura."

"Fine isn't cute, My," I said. She gave me a look. I rolled my eyes and examined myself in the mirror. 

I had tamed my natural waves, and had dug out my shortie little jean shorts, and a cute little black camisole. Add in black flip flops and a little makeup, and I thought I looked like a summer pixie. I looked at Myla, who had her curls in a ponytail, and was wearing no makeup, a very old t-shirt, and a pair of shorts.

"Oh no," I scolded. "Oh no no no." Myla groaned, knowing what was coming. I grinned, digging through her messy closet.

"Don't worry, Princess, I'll make your torment short and sweet."

>>>>>Short Time Skip>>>>>

<Kiba's POV>

"God, man, shut up," I groaned. Listening to Naruto was bad enough, but now that Kankuro was here, it was worse. If I had to listen to any more details about Laura's body, I was going to scream.

A knock on the apartment door made me freeze. "Alright, idiots, they're here. Act like you're mature."

"We're totally not," Naruto said.

"Pretend," I growled. I opened the door, and my jaw almost dropped.

Myla, though she didn't look too happy, looked awesome. Laura obviously forced her into it, and I would thank her later for it. Her usual ginger curls were tamed and fluffed, and she had on shorts and a tanktop, similar to Laura's attire. She looked amazing, and I knew I was staring. Laura grinned.

"Are you gonna let us in?" she asked. I stepped aside, and she walked right in. I heard her yelling about getting the party started, but I ignored it.

"You look...nice," I stammered. Myla smiled.

"Thanks... it was all—"

"Laura," we both said at the same time, then laughed. I put my arm around her shoulders and led her inside, kicking the door shut behind me. I was surprised when I felt her arm around my waist, and even more surprised to feel myself blushing.

I kept asking myself what was going on with me, but I knew the answer. I was falling hard for this girl...problem was... was I ready to admit it? Or, more importantly... was I ready to do something about it?

**Yeah this wasn't too good, sorry. Next update will be better because I won't be half-asleep and finals will be over. Sorry guys, but at least it's posted... *falls asleep with face on laptop* **

-Rei :3