Prologue

Author's note: Do not advertise your book in my comments. They will be deleted. There are clubs where you can do that. Thanks

I took a deep breath feeling the onslaught of information settle over me like pricking pins.

Hands out in front of me, I could only stare at my chained hands. Even though to the naked eye you couldn't see them, I could feel the invisible restraints snapped around my wrists locking them in place. A safety measurement that had been put into place after the incident.

If I struggled in them, they only grew tighter and tighter until they felt like they were going to cut my hands clean off from my wrists.

My eyes finally looked away from my awkward positioned hands that were palmed together and facing outwards. Simmering eyes, connected to a pair of arctic eyes that were icy blue but felt darker than a black hold. Eyes that had seen centuries watched me stoically. Eyes that were such a light blue that they resembled cartoonic colored ice perfectly and seemed almost godly. Eyes that flashed completely white at our eye contact.

Silence consumed us and I could hear the ringing in my ears. The resentment and hatred bubbled through my blood, yet I couldn't do anything. I wanted to hurt him, but I was the prisoner. My nostrils flared as he continued to stare at me saying nothing. Red was beginning to dance in my vision as he continued to watch me. He was always staring at me. I hated it.

"Why?" I finally asked, barely able to get the words out of between my clenched teeth. My throat was beginning to burn and I wasn't for sure if it was because of my rage or the tears of frustration that I was refusing to let spill.

His full lips stayed shut. Once again his eyes flashed white before turning to their original cold color.

His silence only worked as a counteractive method to chaining my anger, and before I could stop myself, I slammed my restrained fists on the table. The loud bang echoed around the room.

"I said why!" I yelled, shooting up from my seat. My chair scraped back, hitting the wall behind me, but I barely paid attention glowering down at him.

The scrambling behind me alerted me to his followers only seconds away from coming in and playing damage control.

"Why! Why! Why!" Each word was punctuated with a hit to the black glass table, as that was the only way to release the sudden disgust and outrage that consumed me. The slow prickling shocks erupting from my neck told me to calm down or I would surely be stopped by force, but there was no way I was calming down now. Not after this.

How could things have come to this?

He raised a hand, silently telling his men to not come in. Veins raised from his skin flashing a silver color before dulling out. Eyes still trained on me, a small smirk crawled along his abnormally handsome face.

"Why you say?" His words were low, husky, and completely foreign sounding. Something I had never heard that normally would have intrigued and even attracted me, but now all I could do was curl my slightly chapped lips and scowl. "But you already know the reason." He leaned against the table his words doing what they always seemed to do. They curled around me, caressed me, and yet I held my resolve and refused to be tempted.

Hair hid half of my face as my chest pumped up and down from my indignation. Already I was thinking of a way to destroy this entire place.

Eyes sparkling, his smirk grew into a full-blown perfect smile. "You are my little beautiful disaster."