Chapter 8

Ooh i got alot of votes on that last one! thanks guyz :) Not enough to win watty awards but more than enough to make me happy. :) Guys this is like my favorite chapter that I've written so far i think... Anyway if you want to could you please comment and vote :D it means the world to me and now onto the book.

Enjoy wonderful people that are still reading!

********************************************************

After she had finished cleaning the blood, eyeliner, and rain off my face and wrapped my ankle she looked over my body. "Is that everything?"

I was a little bit hesitant to show her my rib but decided to show her, she was a nurse after all. She watched me intently as I undid the lace on my corset. After it was off I felt relieved, that thing normally felt comfortable but not with a broken rib.

I looked at Page's face, I wanted to gauge her reaction as I pulled it up. Once it was uncovered she gasped and eventually ripped her horror stricken eyes away from it to look into mine.

"I'm going to take care of this." She said sternly. I shook my head knowing that interfering wouldn't do anything but make it worse. "What? I'm not just gonna let someone do that to my daughter!" She continued rambling but I didn't hear the rest. Despite the wet clothes I was STILL wearing I felt all warm inside. It felt nice to have a mother around again.

"I'm being a horrible nurse!" She exclaimed suddenly. The next few minutes were spent bandaging my side then helping me dress into something warm. Just as I finished putting on my nightgown the doorbell rang. Page scurried off throwing a brb over her shoulder.

I smiled at her childishness before pulling back the covers and easing myself onto the bed. My warm bed sheets were so comforting and inviting I nearly fell asleep waiting for Page.

I had just closed my heavy eyelids when two pairs of footsteps made me jolt awake.

"Is she ok?" I heard the worried voice of Erik.

"Go see for yourself." Page said.

Erik cautiously entered the room. "How are you doing?" I smiled and gave him a thumbs up sign. "So you're skipping school again today?" He smiled back at me.

I smiled wider and nodded. "Would you like some company?" He asked grinning. My eyes widened and I pointed to my drawer. "What?" He asked opening it. He scanned the contents of the drawer before pulling out a notebook. I smiled at him before taking it and scribbling in my neat writing 'I thought you said you weren't going to anymore.'

He read it and smiled. "One more day couldn't hurt, its not like we have any tests today."

'Page wouldn't let you.' I wrote hoping he would come up with a solution.

"Well I could leave." He said making me frown. "Then climb back in through the window."

'Were on the second floor, genius.' I smirked.

He walked over to the window and glanced out. "There's a branchy tree like right there."

'But you'll break your neck!!!' I wrote with a little frowny face at the end.

"I've climbed a tree before Vic." He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Then he went over to the window and unlocked it before opening it a crack. Knowing it was useless to argue I grabbed my pencil.

'Okay... Be careful Erik!' He read it in a quick glace then smirked.

"You're such a bad influence." He chuckled.

"Alright you have to go now." Page said coming into the room. "You don't want to be late to school."

"Okay, Mrs. Page lady..." He trailed off awkwardly.