Chapter: 16 - "I. Just. Can't."

Jasmine's P.O.V:

"What? Why?" His voice sounded concerned and confused as usual.

I sighed and held the bridge of my nose with my fingers, "Can I just explain later? I don't feel like it right now." After a long pause I began to realize how rude I was. I tried to fix my snarky comment. "You know, like I'd rather talk to you in person."

I loud sigh came from the speaker, "Do your parents know you'rs doing this?"

Of course he would ask that. "They think I'm sleeping over a friends." I blurted out, giving my plan no thought.

"On a school night?"

I was getting slightly frustrated with him. "Since when did you become the parent?"

He chuckled softly. "Oh alright. Where are you?"

Twenty-five minutes after I told Harry to pick me up where I was I saw his Rover park in the lot. I stood up from the old wooden bench, grabbed my bag, and walked to the passenger seat of his rental. I waited for him to unlock the doors before I yanked the door open and took a seat in the car.

I couldn't really explain what I was feeling at the moment. I didn't know if I was aggravated, sad, or angry. I just knew I wasn't happy. I hoped that Harry could cheer me up somehow.

After I spoke a dull 'hi' he started, "I thought you were going to call me when you got out of school."

"I forgot." I wasn't really putting any feeling into my words.

"Jasmine are you okay? I mean whats wrong? Did I do some-"

I reassured him quickly. "No, you didn't do anything wrong. Its me. I'm just a little out of it."

"Are you sure you want to stay with me? It was a bit of a surprise."

I took a brief pause, actually realizing what I just asked him. I smiled, "I'm sure"

"Okay." He put the car in reverse and backed out. "I just think its a little improper for you to stay with me and I haven't even met your parents." He said as he drove out onto the street.

 "Harry please stop worrying. Its going to be fine."

Another deep sigh came from Harry. "Are you hungry?"

I wasn't in the mood for eating but I didn't want him to find a way to ask me a question like, 'what's wrong?' or 'are you sure?' "Uh, yeah."

After driving through a long line at In-N-Out we drove to the hotel by the airport. I only got fries and acted like I loved them. When really all I wanted was for Harry to comfort me. But if I asked for comfort I would have to tell him about my parents, Liam, etc. Like I said before, I didn't want to bring him into it plus, I couldn't break the promise with Liam.

I was starting to really stress out about all of this. I didn't know how long I could take anymore of it.

"You ready to go inside?" Harry questioned while he unbuckled his seat belt.

I nodded my head "Yup."

I grabbed my bag from the car floor and opened the door. After I extended a leg, trying to reach the concrete I landed safety and shut the door behind me. We walked into the hotel, arms touching occasionally. He soon wrapped an arm around my waist and led me to the elevator. Finally smelling a new scent from Harry than earlier today. A very strong, musky cologne. When he pressed the button '13' I thought about how long it would take to get to our destination floor with occasional stops from different floors. Once the door closed shut the cliche elevator music began playing. Harry and I stood in a moving elevator, alone.