Chapter: 8 - "Nice going, Jasmine."

Jasmine’s P.O.V

“Are you okay?” I looked up from my tears to find a blond middle aged woman who had a strong British accent; giving me a concerned look.

“Oh, yeah I’m fine. I’m fine.”  I reassured before wiping the water from under my eyes. I kept nodding my head; trying to get her not to worry.

“Honey, what’s wrong? You can tell me.” I didn’t feel so sure about the situation. Don’t get me wrong, she seems like a very nice woman but, I don’t want to bother her with my problems. Besides, she’s a complete stranger.

“Oh, no it’s okay.” I stood up from the concrete and fixed my shorts. “But it was nice meeting you ma’am.” She took a long pause; just looking at me.

“Come with me.” What? Is she serious?

“Excuse me?”

“Come on. Follow me.” She motioned her head and hand at the same time; signaling me to follow her.

I didn't want to follow a stranger to her car. That's creepy. But my mind was filled the curiosity. So I grabbed my tote and followed her. We arrived at a Mercedes Benz M-class. She walked to the drivers side, unlocked it, and told me to get in the passengers. I was hesitant at first, but then I thought: What do you have to lose?

I opened the black door and sat in. She turned her head towards me but I stared at my nails.

"I'm Karen." She smiled while I said nothing. "What's your name. love?" 

"Jasmine." I spoke softly.

"Like the flower?" I looked at her and nodded my head. She smiled. "That's a beautiful name."

"Thank you." I slightly smiled back. It was silent for a brief moment until she said,

"What are you doing here all alone?"

Why do I feel so comfortable enough to tell her? I never tell anyone anything.

"I ran away from home."

"Why?" She had a very concerned look when tears began whelming in my eyes.

I sighed. "My dad. . . tried to rape me." Her mouth dropped.

"Honey, I am so sorry." She rested her hand on my shoulder. "Well, where's your mother?"

"I have no idea. But she wouldn't care anyways." I hiccuped. It became faint again.

"Have you called the police?"

"It wouldn't do any good. There wouldn't even be proof that he tried to rape me."

"But you have bruises all over your arms. . ." I just stood quiet. "Do you have anywhere to go?"

". . . . No." I whispered.

"Look, I know we barely know each other but. . . would you like to stay with me, hon? Until you get situated."

Why is this woman so nice to me? I just met her, at a Walgreens.

"Oh no, its okay. I'll be fin-" I definately don't want to be a burden on this woman.

"Its okay Jasmine. I honestly don't mind. . . If I were in the same situation as you I would want someone to care. . . I care."

Why do I trust her so much?

"Okay," She just smiled. She soon brought the car to life after throwing a prescription bag in the back seat.

"Buckle up."

We soon drove out onto the street.

Hey Jasmine, what the hell is wrong with you?! You just got into a car with a STRANGER. Who's taking you to their house! She could be a serial killer for all we know!