Epilogue// Follow The White Rabbit

*drum roll please* Yup you guessed it! It's the Epilogue of Tailored Hats, Cats and White Rabbits and to be honest I'm kinda sad about it. Obviously this story needs to be majorly edited and it not the best it can be. But I'm happy with what I've managed to produce. Sorry I haven't updated in forever, but I'll give you all an update on my other stories as well :)
This chapter's dedication goes to everyone who voted and commented and enjoyed this story. I hope that you enjoy this epilogue and don't hate me too much after those couple of bombshells in the last few chapters.

Anyway, stay cool and lovelies please pleASE PLEASE vote and comment xx 

Song to the chapter is Hallelujah by The Rubens

Epilogue// Follow the White Rabbit

It's summer and the air is heavy and hot but the shade that the oak is providing is cool and crisp. The jeans that encase my legs don't feel like such a dumb idea now. My feet are dirty as my toes wriggle deeper into the moist earth on top of the hill, the tang of lemonade still on my tongue from lunch. Michael is lying beside me, his fingers playing with the stray curls that have escaped my ponytail.

We've been lying here in silence for a long time, just enjoying the smell of a fire burning somewhere and the breeze that has picked up. Michael surprised me today with a picnic basket and a secret location he told me reminded him of Wonderland. Even after weeks of trying to tell him that the entire thing had been a sham, a complete and utter lie, he never failed to drop some sort of reference in there.

Sandra was put to a penitentiary for a 6 months for neglect but I doubt she will even get that with her family begging for pleas left right and centre. But Dad has asked for a restraining order so she can't come in spitting distance of me, Michael, Dad or any of our friends. I can't say I'm happy about the possibility of seeing Sandra around any time soon but I guess I'm going to have to get used to it. After all she's taken my childhood, I don't want her to invade anymore of my life.

Jaxon and James were both sent off to the other side of the country to live with a relative of Jaxon's who saw them on the news and offered their home up. Once they saw that Jaxon was closer to James than a brother, it seemed that they were a package deal. The three of us chat on the phone occasionally and they send Michael and I, videos of what they're up to since they haven't really gotten out much. The beach and snow and the skate park they're helping build with the local youth group.

I don't really know what happened to Blondie. Michael says he gets the odd postcard with no words just places on them. We have a theory that she's running away from GRIEF even though I'm pretty sure they've given up on trying to find her and bring her back. San Francisco, New York, Louisiana, Alabama, Canada, Alaska postcards came all in the space of a month. When it got quiet there for a while we got one which was of the Eiffel Tower and a picture of a man sitting by himself at a coffee shop. Michael reckoned Blondie caught a snap of him and now the two of them are touring Europe like an old married couple.

Cherry went rather incognito as well. She kept her colour coding ways but once I expressed my story to her in private her she began to relax more when it came to social customs. Don't get me wrong it wasn't an overnight thing and she still formats her day to day life like a German train schedule. She had been getting better and once she refused her parents help she sort of disappeared for a while until she called up one day asking for boy advice. Turns out this guy who had known her longer than she had been GRIEF had contacted her and they had had this really weird relationship. Not unlike mine and Michael's. I'll leave it there because she promised me not to tell anyone about it. All I know was that she moved to Tokyo to be with him.