31// "You've Lost Your Muchness"

//AN//

Sorry for any spelling, grammar mistakes

31// "You've Lost Your Muchness"

No way was I letting Alisa stay in that horrible house alone with the Red Queen. I was going to get her out even if it killed me. She did not deserve to be treated like she was putting it all on, like she was a disease to simply be cured and then forgotten about because it was no longer dangerous. It wasn't right that Sandra was making her daughter live in her house against her will. Alisa was of age for god sakes, she could stay wherever she wanted. She was not some lost child to simply be locked away so she couldn't wander.

Alisa was the type of girl that had wanderlust in her blood, in her bones. She was born with it and it wasn't something to simply be trained out her. She needed to be out of the stuffy houses of tyranny and with me. Thinking about it, saying it like she had to be with me sounded like caging her in, but I had let her free and she had come right back to me. She wanted to be with me, I was sure of it. I love her. But now the Bloody Big Head was in the way and something had to be done about it.

Mom was completely on board for whatever plan I had up my sleeve. Which right now wasn't winning points for creativity.

"Baby, you realise if you step a foot onto the land you'll be prosecuted with trespassing" Mom reminded me again as I sat at the dinner table, my food untouched as I thought about how I was going to get Alisa back.

"I don't have to trespass, just somehow get to Alisa while Sandra isn't there"

"Baby, just because the owner isn't there while you're trespassing doesn't mean it's not trespassing."

I chuckled lightly,

"Details, Mom" I said simply, not meeting her eye as I stared at a particular spot on the table cloth.

"Just don't do anything illegal" Mom left it at that and let me drown in my own thoughts. That night I lay in bed wishing that the empty space beside me was filled. Never had I ever felt so alone in that dusty room. For years I had slept in the bed with no one to keep me company. Alisa had slept in their once and now I felt a noticeable distance, it was cold and empty and it seemed like Alisa had slept there my whole life. And now she was gone...she was gone and nothing made sense.

***

Hazel pigtails bounced across the street as I slipped into Mom's car. Mom had said that maybe she was cleaning and she had her back turned to the window so she couldn't see me sneaking off oh so very 007 like in her car. But now that I had finally gotten the guts to track down Alisa, Mary-Anne decided that now was a great time to come over for a chat. Before I could open the door which was stuck on its frame, Mary-Anne bounced up to me looking very happy for an Emo.

"Hey Michael, I didn't know you had gotten your license" Mary-Anne beamed, her extremely white teeth glistening in the sunlight, or maybe it was the black lipstick that made her teeth appear so white.

"I don't" I snapped at her.

"Who was that person yesterday? In the red car?" she continued. Did this girl stare out her window continuously staring at my house waiting for something interesting to happen so she had a subject to talk to me about whenever I got out of the house?

"No one you want to know"

"Try me" Mary-Anne smiled suggestively.

"Look Mary-Anne I have to be somewhere" I shook her off and finally got the stubborn door open. I swung inside and put the keys in the ignition. Mary-Anne didn't bother to say anymore, just looked sad as I drove away.