He's Amazingly Hot, Charming And Smart... And An Alpha Werewolf. (14)

(A/N:) I'm trying to get back to writing Les. I always catch myself writing Liz, though. Just bear with me. (: Thanks.

My finger hovered over the green ‘call’ button. Should I call, should I not?

Suddenly ringing Cedric didn’t seem like such a good idea.

It was obvious that he was a werewolf, anyways, what with the whole kiss thing, and then him blaming it on ‘mating season.’

I’d been confused and angry then, but I understood now. I mean, if Archer could barely keep his cool about mating season, what more with Cedric.

It was a miracle he didn’t do more than kiss me that first day I met him.

If he had done more though, we probably wouldn’t be friends right now.  

I put my cellphone away in my pocket and leaned against the wall of a building, watching the crowds rush past me.

Calling Cedric might just make it worse. 

My thoughts turned to more pressing matters.

What was up with Dustin?

Why did he just snap at me like that?

I admit, I could’ve been nicer to Ashley, but she always screeched at me about keeping away from Archer. Shouldn’t she save that for Les? She never bugged Les, never. So why me?

I’d never seen Dustin stand up for Ashley like that.

Unless… they were…

I brushed the thought away, shaking my head. My mind seemed to just eliminate that option. It was too horrible. No, not possible.

The words are coming, I feel terrible.

Is it typical; for us to end like this?

Am I just another scene from a movie that you’ve seen,

One hundred times?

I snorted at my Mayday Parade ringtone. It seemed to fit my situation exactly.

I slid my phone out of my pocket and answered it.

“Hello?”

Is this Journey?” I frowned at the voice. It seemed eerily familiar… in a bad way.

“Yeah... who is this?”

A sudden, sharp laugh from the other end of the line made me jump.

This is Keera.”

My eyes widened, and I fought to keep my cool. Keera? What did Keera want?

I bit my lip, remembering how she’d grabbed my hand in gym, with her wild eyes, and told me I would pay for what I’d done.

What had I done, exactly, anyways, besides humiliate her? She’d deserved it anyways. I could clearly remember how she’d yelled at me for letting Archer put his arm around me (which I didn’t, I brushed his hand off)

And how she’d said that Les hated me for going after Archer; she’d also conjured some lie about me f*cking Dustin on the side.

I mean… Les didn’t hate me... we were best friends. Right?

Another voice came on the line, one that made my heart jump into my throat.

Hello, Journey.”

“Les..?” I asked, my voice cracking at the end.

Yeah, it’s me. And you have 60 seconds to explain what you did to Josh!”