He's Amazingly Hot, Charming And Smart.... And An Alpha Werewolf.(9)

I rested my head against the slide, my pale blond bangs brushing against my face. "I'm so stupid." I murmured. 

I hated Archer. I absoloutley hated him. 

And you know what's worse?

I hated myself more.

How could I do this too my best friend? Liz was going to be so mad at me. She was going to be disappointed and hurt. And I let Archer play me like that. It was entirely my fault. I felt like such a sl*t. That's what I was. A sl*t. What kind of a friend cheats on their best friends boyfriend? 

After our.. incident, I'd ran out of my flat. I just needed to get away. I'd found a little park, somewhere in the heart of the city, and I was now sitting underneath the slide. 

Screw football practice. I had more important things to worry about.

The white snow fell softly around me, and I shivered. 

I pulled my phone out of my jeans pocket, the blue-ish light glowing against the blinding white of the snow. "Hey." A soft voice next to me made me jump. 

"Cedric?" I asked, looking around. Sure enough, Cedric was just sitting down. "What happened?" He asked. His brown eyes looked worried.

I didn't answer him.

"Journey, come on." He coaxed.

I wrapped my arms around my knees. "I'm such a sl*t." I moaned. Cedric ran a hand through his hair. "It was something Archer did, right?" He asked. I nodded. "Yes. Of course it was."

Cedric rolled his eyes. "I could say some mean things, but I won't. Because I'm nice. What happened with Archer?"

I buried my face in my hands. "It's stupid. We just.. I don't know. We went.. further than a kiss. I hate him. I hate him for even thinking about doing things like that with me when he's with Liz, and I hate myself for letting him play me. I'm so retarded. Everyone will find out and hate me. And I hate myself anyways."

Cedric raised his eyebrows. "You didn't have sex, right?"

I gasped. "Oh, God, no!"

Cedric let out a sigh of relief. "Okay. Well... Journey, do you like Archer? I mean, I know there's something beneath all the hate.. Archer clearly is not into Liz."

I laughed at the absurdity. "What the hell are you talking about? I hate Archer with a burning passion. Archer likes Liz. It's not like I'm jealous."

Cedric shrugged. "Well, then it's just hormones. I mean.. there was no spark right?"

I bit my lip. 

"No. There wasn't."

"Alright. Well... I'm going to go now. You better go home now. It's cold. We'll talk more later."

I sighed and stood up. 

It was when I finally opened the door to my now empty flat, that I realized my answer to Cedric was a lie.

-----

I woke up in the morning and lay in my bed, not feeling at all like P Diddy.

My head ached, and when I got up to examine my face in the mirror, I had black circles underneath my eyes. I left my silky hair as a curtain between me and the world, and slipped into black baggy sweatpants and a blue Bring Me The Horizon hoodie. I grabbed a black beanie and secured it on my head.

I stepped into the kitchen, pouring myself some cocoa pebbles. Haile was sitting on the counter, and she smirked when she saw me.

"You look like you're mourning. Why the dark colors?" she asked.