24

It was done. Tom had created his first Horcrux. Whether or not he cared about how it ended - it was too late. Another thing I didn't quite understand was why he made me watch it all happening. Was it all just to call me a liar?

I stood back slightly, watching Tom stare down at himself in triumph. No words could describe how happy he looked and that was the part that scared me. I felt an itching at my chest but I took no notice as I stared down at the opened diary of which contained part of Tom's soul.

My vision became fuzzy and I blinked, ridding most of the black spots every time I did - only to have more in return.

"Tom," I gasped, my knees starting to tremble. Tom chuckled happily to himself as he picked up the diary and stuffed it away into his pocket.

"And that is how it is done," Tom spoke loudly, finally casting a glance my way. He walked a little past me and stared, wide-eyed, at his followers.

I moaned quietly, a throbbing feeling punching at the corners of my head, ice trembling through my skin and a numbing sensation nipping at my legs. I didn't want to lose balance - not here. Not now.

"My lord?"

"Yes, Bellatrix?"

"Was it painful?" I heard Bellatrix whimper and she pouted at Tom.

"Not quite. Now - we'll be returning here hopefully by the end of term. I have yet to seek out another object..."

Whatever Tom had said after that, I didn't hear it. His voice was muffled and his figure was blurry. I swayed slightly to the side but pushed myself to keep onto my feet. I looked around or the doors but I couldn't make out a thing.

And, like I expected, it happened. The black dots took over and I felt myself falling...

∆|•∆|•∆|•∆

"Abigail? Abigail, can you hear me?"

I swallowed with difficulty, my gums completely dry. If anything - I wished I couldn't hear the person talking. Their voices were echoed and it felt like it was making my brain thud and spin on its own.

"Really?" said a different voice. "You're asking an unconscious person if they can hear you?"

"It's what they do in books. It was worth a shot."

I forced my eyes open and the tingly little spots were slowly disappearing as well as the noise in my ears. Brianna was seated on my right and Emily was seated on my left.

"You're awake!" Brianna stated happily.

"State the obvious, why don't you?" Emily rolled her eyes, a small smile forming. "How are you feeling?"

That was a good question. I couldn't feel a thing. I couldn't feel any part of my body. I wasn't happy. I wasn't sad. It was as though I were an empty shell.

"Better than before," I replied honestly. My voice sounded croaky - like I hadn't spoken for days. "How long was I out for?"

"A whole day," Brianna replied, her voice quivering.

It was then that I decided to look out the window. But there was nothing I could see - it was pitch black. Which, therefore, only meant it was night time.

"We brought you dinner in case you woke up," Brianna said, pointing to a plate with sausage, potato and soup on it.

"Thanks."

"All right, that's it for tonight, girls," said Madam Dansin. The elderly woman rushed over and shooed Emily and Brianna off, and gave me a potion in a cup that would help me sleep. "As soon as you finish eating - drink this," she had ordered. "It'll help. The lights will go off in ten minutes."