1

'Sunday. March 30. 1998.

Reader, you're probably wondering why I've written this letter. I have no intentions of anybody else picking this letter up, I've properly written this for me and me only, but if you've stumbled upon it, then so be it.

I have a heart. And so do you. There is good and bad in everybody, but I just never believed anybody was capable of rectifying me. If anything, two things define humans- wizard or muggle. And it's our patience when we have nothing, and our attitude when we have everything. There was always that small whisper in the back of my head, repeating one sentence over and over. To destroy what destroys me.

At least, at one point in our lives, we've woken up and realized that we should've tried harder. Anything. But nothing could compare to the greatness I'd lost back in 1945 and I still regret it deep down. It still haunts me to this day. I'm trapped. I've trapped myself.

If only I had realized that sooner. Things would be different at this very moment. I wouldn't be writing this letter. I wouldn't be sitting here, trapped in my own guilt.

If there's one thing I've learned about Abigail Benjamin; it was that for every person who's ever tried tearing you down, there was always another person waiting to lift you up.

-Tom Marvolo Riddle'

_________