16

Saturday February 17th Valentine's Ball 8pm-12am

Flyers and posters were taped up on every wall, statue, gargoyle and tree. I had heard many of the boys groaning, but Professor Dumbledore managed to persuade them into wanting to go to the ball. Somehow. It was more than a month away which was a good thing. My birthday being on that exact day was pretty amazing.

Girls were swooning more and more at the sight of Tom, Abraxas and Lestrange. I could tell they were desperately waiting for one of them to ask them to the ball, which I seriously doubted those three were going. An entire group of about a dozen girls formed as one and started following Tom around, which was pretty amusing. He had his very own fan club of girls.

Alison, Chris and I were sitting on a giant rock by the lake, which was slowly defrosting.

"He has got one heck of a life," Chris said sarcastically, making Alison laugh.

"He really does, though," Stephen popped up out of nowhere. Chris almost fell of the rock at the sound of his voice had Alison not grabbed him. Stephen moved around in front of us and watched Tom and the girls following him around. "Can you imagine having all those girls following you around? Bloody hell..."

Alison raised her eyebrow up at him. "Stephen Weasley, right?"

Stephen nodded and grinned. "Yep. That would be me, Bell." Stephen then looked at me. "Riddle really has no idea how lucky he is, does he? Bloody fool."

I laughed and agreed, privately hoping that Stephen would just leave. He was a little creepy but I didn't think he meant to be.

"I wonder what happened between him and that Avery boy," Stephen said once Alison and Chris moved closer to each other and snogged again. Stephen moved over to my left and sat beside me on the rock. "He ditch Riddle for you or something?"

"Something like that," I chuckled quietly. "Have you got a girl?"

"Me?" Stephen said, shocked. "No. I am far too good for the ladies."

"I think you should only joke like that around boys, Stephen," I smirked. "Wouldn't want you upsetting a certain lady now, would we?"

Stephen shrugged, grinning. "Only joking, Benjamin."

"Abby."

I looked behind me and Avery was standing there, looking between Stephen and myself with jealousy in his eyes, though he tried to hide it with a smile. He came around the rock and stood in front of me.

"I didn't touch her I swear," Stephen cried jokingly, throwing his hands up in defence.

Avery gave him a funny look. "I never said you did, mate."

Stephen wiped fake sweat from his forehead and sighed in relief. Avery and I exchanged a glance and I shrugged.

"Shall we go then, love?" Avery asked me, a small smile playing at his lips.