Zayn: Burning Down

Zayn: Burning Down

"Zayn I can't sleep!" I complained in exhaustion. "Whats the matter?" He mumbled half asleep. "I don't know. I can't get comfy." I threw my head down. "Come here." He giggled while pulling me into his chest. "Do you smell something?" I questioned at the scent of a peculiar aroma. "No. Its not me is it?" Zayn replied. "No. I don't know what it is." "I'm sure its fine. Now go to sleep." Zayn reassured. I was peacefully resting in the comfort of Zayn's arms when a thunderous crack erupted in the darkness. "Zayn! Zayn! Wake up! What was that? The smell is back! Whats going on?" I frantically spat out. "I don't know. Stay calm. I'll go look." He responded. "No I'm coming with you." I demanded too frightened to be left alone. We stepped out onto out upstairs balcony that overlooked the kitchen and living room and kitchen to find mayhem. Roaring red flames swarmed around and had taken over the entire lower story of our home. "Call 911 now and stay here!" Zayn ordered while running down the stairs. I obeyed his command and tried to remain calm. "We can't get down the stairs. The gas line snapped. Cover you mouth." Zayn instructed lifting his shirt up over his nose. "W-what do we do?" I stuttered loosing my cool. Just then the platform we were standing on began to crack and the fire quickly engulfed the stairs. "We have to jump," Zayn spoke. "I'll climb over and jump down and then you have to do the same." "Zayn everything is already on fire down there!" I stated shocked and beginning to worry. "Please just trust me on this!" Zayn pleaded with a passionate kiss. He climbed over banister and hopped down to the ground barely avoiding the burning material. "Now you! Come on babe." I climbed over the banister and froze in my tracks staring down into the rubble. It was only a mere ten feet but I certainly could have been releasing my grip into death, as if staying up here wasn't life threatening enough. "I've got you!" Zayn encouraged. I let go and dropped down among the the flames. A burst of light shined bright in our weary eyes as glass shatters all around. "We haven't got much time, all the lines are going to explode!" Zayn shouted. He led me down the hallway maneuvering around collapsing walls. Dust and debris filled my lungs and I began coughing like crazy. Another line burst and sent my frail body into the wall giving me a whiplash on the way. Zayn swooped my beaten body up and carried me to safety outside of our burned to dilapidation home. Flashing lights surrounded the estate while more and more fire trucks and ambulances arrived at the scene. We were out of danger and standing on the side walk. The cool summer night air was refreshing to inhale. "Are you okay?" Zayn asked with concern. "I'm fine. Just bruised a-and shaken." I replied breathing heavily. Just then the second story of the house collapsed down leaving only a charred, destroyed lower level. "Its alright, its okay," Zayn soothed. "We still have each other, thats all that matters."