Harry: Garden of Secrets

Hi everyone!! I know this is really long but once I started I couldn't stop writing.

I have pictures of exactly what I imagine this looking like that I wish I could share with you! :( But thats okay!(: enjoy!!

Harry: Garden of Secrets

Ah Saturdays. They had to be my favorite day of the week. No going to work at the Animal shelter, no worries about the animals, just having another day to enjoy life. The shining sun was all the encouragement I needed to get out off bed and get outside to enjoy the beautiful summer day. I threw on a tank top, jean shorts and by classic black converse and was ready to take on the world! Little kids were already outside playing and running through the sprinklers in their yards, my neighbor was washing his car and the people who lived around the corner were walking their dogs. After greeting everyone I walked to my mailbox. Bill, bill, bill. Of course. Then something caught my attention. A silver envelope addressed to my full name. Very few people knew my middle name, only my parents, best friend and Harry. I curiously opened it.

We would cordially like to invite you to The Annual ASPCA K-9 Homecoming

Sponsored by Woods Humane Society

Sunday June 14th at 11 AM at Kaleidoscope Bed and Breakfast in Nipomo, CA

Pets are welcome

We hope you can attend!

Talk about short notice! I was surprised that I didn't know about this earlier. It seemed like a prestigious event to attend and I was honored. I decided to text my friend who was also in Veterinary training.

<<Hey! Are you going to the ASPCA thing that work is sponsoring?>>

<<Umm no. I didn't know about it.>>

<<Hmm. I got an invitation the mail today for it.>>

<<Are you going?>>

<<Yeah. I don't really think I have a choice.>>

<<Nice! Well have fun!>>

I was going to reply until was giant yellow lab Huski came up and nudged my leg. Yes my lab was named Huski and I loved it.

"Hey buddy! You want me to throw you ball? Go!" I shouted in my friendly animal voice.

Suddenly my phone buzzed. It was Harry.

<<Hey babe! Wanna hang out tomorrow!(;>>

<<I would love to but I can't I have a work thing! I'm sorry!>>

<<No worries! We can hang out next weekend! Miss and love you!>>

<<You too! <3!>>

A sound in the bushes caught my attention. Huski's ball had rolled into them. Man they were overgrown. Looks like I had found my task for the day!

I loved working outside in nature. It just felt so calming and peaceful. I planned out my whole day in a millisecond and carried that out just how I imagined it.

At nearly 9pm I was finished and my yard looked great! Myself however not too much. I was covered in dirty, mud and pretty sure I had leaves sticking out of my hair. Huski was just as bad! We needed baths and sleep fast!

The next morning I woke up to the same sun shining once again. Today was going to different. I had never attended an event like this. By the looks of the invitation, it was a pretty formal event. I decided to wear my classy while tiered dress with a thin green belt and a blue beaded necklace that Harry gave me. I missed him so much. Three days was too long to be apart! I leashed up Huski and we where off. About 15 minutes later we were at Kaleidoscope. Even though we were only 15 minutes early, no body else was here. I walked up to the adorable teal house with white trim and knocked on the door. Nothing. There was a slightly open gate to the left. I decided I might as well take a peek.