Chapter Eighteen: Up Close And Personal

** Dedication: @britishanirishrperf thanks for your comment, it was very meaningful and I like that (: ** 

Chapter Eighteen: Up Close And Personal

Skylar's POV

Niall's friend was very... overbearing.

I had barely made it through the door before I was wrapped up in strong arms. Not Niall's strong arms though.

"Hi, I'm Louis. It's nice to meet you." His grip still hadn't faltered, his face buried in my neck. I awkwardly patted his back, hoping he'd detach himself from me.

"Louis, are ya fuckin' serious mate? Get off her." Niall shoved his friend off of me and kissed my cheek gently, pulling me into his side. I looked over his friend; average height, brown hair and bright blue eyes. He was cute, just a bit too excited, I think.

"I thought I'd give her a nice welcome, and wow you look really young, how old are you?" His sentence came out rushed as he bounced on the balls of his feet. I glanced up at Niall, raising my brow, and he smiled sheepishly.

"He's not usually like this. He's been drinking all night. Sorry love." I nodded and turned back to Louis, who was now fully engrossed in a conversation with Zayn. Zayn just smiled and nodded as Louis waved his arms animatedly, clearly telling some insane story.

Niall's hand gripped mine as he tugged me to the kitchen.

"I'm so confused right now. Like how did you become friends with them? Zayn is all quiet and reserved and Louis - Louis is just all..." I trailed off, unable to think of a word to describe my new.. acquaintance. 

"Up close and personal," Niall helped me out, grinning over his shoulder as he pulled two cups from the cabinet.

"Yeah, and you're nothing like either of them. Please, explain this to me." 

Niall chuckled and started to fill up two glasses of water, lifting me onto the counter before handing me one and placing himself between my knees.

"We had some classes together in high school, became good friends and then we all decided to go to Uni together. We've been pretty close for a while. The whole different personalities is good, though. When Zayn is too quiet, Louis is there to fill the silence. When Louis is too uptight, I help him relax a bit."

He spoke so fondly of his friends, and I begin to wonder if this is what he looks like when he talks about me. His eyes big and bright, an easy smile gracing his lips and his voice happy and light. Does he even talk about me? Does he say good things or complain about me?

"They're good guys and I think you'd like them. Maybe when Louis isn't intoxicated." 

I laughed and pressed a chaste kiss to his soft pink lips before hopping down off the counter.

An hour later and Louis had finally relaxed. Only a little though. He was still loud, just less bouncy. I'm starting to think he's always like this.

He's firing questions at me nonstop and I'm chewing at my lip, nerves getting the best of me.

What if his friends don't like me?

What if they tell him I'm not good enough and he breaks up with me?

"How did you guys meet? I mean, you're a lot younger than him. So how did this happen?" Louis asked, looking between Niall, Zayn and I for an answer. Niall's face flushed as well as mine, but Zayn was laughing and clutching his stomach as if Louis had just said the funniest thing ever.