Chapter Thirteen: Nothing Is Set In Stone

** Dedication: @brianna1216 for your comment and I like your enthusiasm (; **

Chapter Thirteen: Nothing Is Set In Stone

A/N: Gets a bit dirty at the end. oops sorry, just kidding im not sorry. I'm 99% sure you're all as perverted as me so.... enjoy! (; 

Niall's POV (Yay, finally!)

I threw my phone to the passenger's seat in frustration. I can't believe she's actually doing this. After all that's happened between them, you'd think she'd ignore him for all she's worth, but no - she's going to his fucking house.

And, I'm not jealous - okay, maybe a little - but I'm mostly worried about her. If he tries anything with her I swear I'll make him regret it. What I'd do, I don't know. But I sure as hell am not afraid to throw a punch or two.

I don't want to be that clingy boyfriend - am I her boyfriend? Don't I have to ask her that? - and cause stupid fights over something as simple as a school project. 

I mean, I really like Skylar. She's different and fun and just, amazing. She's edgy and a bit spontaneous, but caring and smart when she needs to be. 

However, she does fall asleep in class, come in late, and cause a bit of trouble occasionally; her grades are great. I've seen them myself - what? I was curious! - and to be honest I was shocked.

I've always felt bad that we met in such a.. sleazy way. But I don't regret it one bit. I'm glad I got the chance to get to know her. When I saw her walk into my classroom, I was about to burst with excitement. Because, after she left in such a rush that morning, she was all I thought about. She was kind of a mystery, in that I only knew her name. 

I don't want this relationship to just be a sexual encounter. I want more than that, I want something that will last longer than a few weeks, be more than just a few touches and nights between the sheets. I don't want to have to keep looking. And I think Skylar could help with that.

Of course, things happen, people change, and nothing's set in stone. But I can hope right?

When I walk into my flat, Zayn is laying on the couch, a beer in hand and a film playing.

"Oh, hey mate." He nods in my direction before turning back to the screen.

"Uh, hi. It'd be nice if you warned me when you were coming over." I bit back. Okay, so I took my anger out on him... I'm just a bit frustrated.

"What's got you all pissy? I surely can't be bothering you that much, can I?" 

"It's just Skylar's going to Matt's house for a project and it's just got me on edge. I didn't mean to snap at you, I'm sorry." I put my head in my hands, groaning. 

I just don't want to see her get hurt again.

"Don't worry about it too much, Ni. She's not stupid enough to go back to that ass. Now, come finish this movie with me and stop stressing." He pats me on the back reassuringly, and I hesitantly lean back and press play.

- - -

From: Skylar 
We're done. He didn't do anything, so there's nothing to worry about, okay?

I let out a deep breath after I received Skylar's message. I just hope she doesn't have to go to his anymore.

To: Skylar
Good, what are you doing on Saturday?