Chapter Five: We Really Shouldn't

** Dedication: @Northlane for her comment cos it made me smile (: **

Chapter Five: We Really Shouldn't

Skylar's POV

It wasn't until a week later that Niall said something to me. Of course, he had been nonstop texting me all week, saying things like: 'Hey' 'What's up?' 'I miss you' or 'I didn't get to talk to you today'. But, I didn't reply to any of them. What would I have said anyway? He's my teacher, and he clearly doesn't understand that.

Desiree and I were on our way to lunch during free period when I heard my name being called. I swung around, to find only one person who could have been calling for me. Niall.

"Skylar," he panted, out of breath due to jogging all the way down the sidewalk to us.

"Oh hi Desiree," Niall waved before turning back to me, "would you like to go to dinner with me tomorrow evening? We can start new, pretend everything else didn't happen. Please?" 

He looked so desperate, so vulnerable. The way his eyes were wide and innocent-looking, although he was far from it. His pink lips slanted into a small pout. 

I knew this was wrong, it all was. We shouldn't be doing this, he shouldn't be asking me out to dinner. Not at school, not ever. But, the feeling in my stomach was begging me to say yes, whereas my mind was screaming 'No!' and telling me how stupid I would be if I agreed. 

"Niall, we really shouldn't-" 

"No one will ever find out, we'll go somewhere out of town. Just give me a chance, please?" Niall's eyes grew wider, and his pout more prominent. 

"I-" I tried to protest, but Desiree stepped forward and clamped her hand over my mouth.

"I'll have her ready by seven." She smiled sweetly at him, but her actions were anything but. 

Desiree always did that to me, she always took charge and spoke for me when I didn't want to do something. It was like she was forcing me into it, whether I liked it or not. The weird thing is, when she did that, everything always worked out perfectly. It was always fun. However, I don't think this situation will turn out 'fun' no matter what. 

"Thank you, I'll see you later then." He nodded before making his way to his car. Desiree still refused to remove her hand from my mouth. She was just gazing into the distance, thinking about only God knows what.

I bit down on her skin hard. Her flesh reddening almost instantly. "Ow, what the hell Sky?! I just did you a favor!" She shouted as she climbed into her car.

 "No you didn't! I was trying to say no!" I groaned, while buckling my seatbelt.

"Come on, he's so hot and he obviously likes you, why not give him a chance?"

"Because, he's my teacher. Yeah, sure he's fit but this is illegal. I don't think it's a good idea." I reasoned. Either she didn't hear me or she didn't care because she ignored everything I just said.

"Whatever, I'm still sending you on that date. I get to do your hair and makeup, got it?"

I rolled my eyes as we stepped into the welcoming building. I can't believe I just got myself into this.. Well, technically Desiree got me into it, but oh well..

- - -

I was currently sprawled out on my bed while Desiree dug through my closet for an acceptable dress. She was making a mess, and I sure as hell am not cleaning that up. My phone buzzed rather loudly, startling me and causing Desiree to turn around, only to turn back instantly.