Chapter Fourteen: Everybody Has Those Days

** Dedication: @BrianaLoves55 because she commented on every single chapter and always responds to my stuff... I like you (: **

Chapter Fourteen: Everybody Has Those Days

Skylar's POV

I don't even know why I did it. Or how I came up with the balls to do it. Or how I strangely felt okay with it. 

It was a heat of the moment kind of thing, I guess. 

But I do know that I did not stop smiling the rest of the night, even when I went home and my parents were waiting in the kitchen, scolding me for not telling them I'd be gone so long. I didn't even flinch when she asked who I was with, just played it off with a simple 'a friend' and a shrug of the shoulders, before marching up to my room and collapsing onto my bed with a content sigh.

The date was amazing and everything I've hoped I'd get to experience, but didn't think it would ever actually happen.

Niall was just so cute and sweet, it made my heart melt. My adoration towards him tripled and I felt myself falling a little bit harder.

I did still feel awful about the whole 'Matt thing'. I mean, even though we're official now - crazy, right? - I still have to work on the stupid project with him. And I can't do it alone, there's no way I'd get it done, let alone pass. 

From: Niall
I hope you enjoyed today, because I did. I can't wait to see you on monday. Goodnight Sky Xx

To: Niall
I had fun, thank you. Try not to wear something too eye-catching on monday, yeah? No distractions? ;) Goodnight Niall. X

The next morning dragged on horribly. It started off when I fell over while putting my jeans on, and managed to hit my forehead on the side of my bed. Now there's a big red spot on my face... Then, to make matters worse, I was told that my sister is coming home this weekend. Oh, don't worry, it gets better. As I was walking to school, a group of boys - clearly from my English class - threw tampons at me as they drove past.. Mature, right? 

I didn't think anything could get worse, until Niall walked by me in the hallway. My cheeks instantly turned bright red - not only from the memories of the weekend, but because he obviously didn't read my text message.. 

He walked past, looking all smug and hot in his white button up dress shirt and blue tie, that made his eyes pop even more. I wanted to strangle him and pounce on him all at the same time.

Our eyes locked for a second, before I turned away, and finally acknowledged Desiree.

"Alright, something happened this weekend, and I'm sick of you not telling me shit, so spill." She demanded, folding her arms across her chest and leaning against the locker next to mine.

"It's nothing. Just a... date." 

"And what happened on this date? Where did he take you?" 

"Well, we went to a lake, had a picnic and then swam - well, kind of - we were only in the water for like five to ten minutes. Some old woman kicked us out." I rambled on, all memories of that night still fresh in my mind, despite the fact that I've slept twice since then.

"What? Why did she kick you out?" Desiree asked a bit too loudly, drawing in the attention of a few fellow classmates.

"Um, can you be quiet? Like ever? We were kissing, and she didn't want her grandchildren to see that, so she yelled at us." I giggled, thinking of the woman's disturbed face and the children hiding behind her back.