the emo freak chp 14

The look on Cole"s face was almost scary. at first there was pure anger, then concern, and finally pity. He knelt down by me and wrapped his arms around me not noticing the drop of blood the fell on his jacket.

  "Harmony" he said in a soft voice," I love you but you need to stop this." I then realized something. That last look wasn't pity, it was love. I cried into his shoulder knowing it hurt him to see me do this to myself. He pulled away after a minute and tilted my head up to look at him. He pecked me softly on the lips. "come on u can stay the night at mine" he said standing up and pulling me with him. My wrist was still bleeding so I held it away from my body.

    "Um...I'll be right back" I said before running to the side of the house and turning on the hose. I rinsed off my arm til the blood stopped. I was about to go back to him when I realized i needed to wrap it. I ran inside and grabbed a gauze, wrapping it as I ran up the stairs to grab a change of clothes and my jacket. I sprinted down the stairs and ran out the door shoving my arms in my black jacket as I heard my mother scream my name.

 "lets go!" I screamed at Cole who was leaning against the side of his car. He looked confused but got in the driver's seat anyway. I jumped in and he put the car in reverse just as my mother was running out the door. We pealed out of the drive way before she could get off the porch. I let out a sigh of relief. She couldn't get us now.

  I glanced at Cole who looked a little is shock. I looked at my black converse not knowing what to say. I played with the safety pins that were set in neat lines in different parts of jacket. I didn't notice at first but then realized that the sound of them hitting together seemed to make a lot of noise in the silent car. I looked up at Cole sheepishly and saw him smiling.

"Nervous?" he asked me glancing between me and the rode still smileing.

"Um kind of why?" I asked him. How did he know?

" Because whenever you're nervous you mess with your safety pen." I was kind of shocked. He was right but it was just that he noticed. Happy tears formed in my eyes making things blurry. I know it really didn't seem like much but to me it was. It means he actually cared enough to pay attention. This wasn't just a game for him. And then like something clicked in my brain, I noticed something, and I just had to tell him or I would explode.

"I love you Cole"