epilogue

It has been over a year since my mother died. I stood still and emotionless at her funeral as they lowered her casket into the ground. Cole's family paid for everything. I was so thankful for that. She was still my mother and with all the hell she put me through, I would still come home and know that she would be home eventually. Now she wasn't going to be there. I was never going to see her again.  

    Juantita didn't want me staying in the room with Cole all of the time. I moved into the extra room right down the hall. Most nights he stays in my room until I fall asleep then goes into his room. Of course we fight, but we always worked it out. The room was a lot bigger than my old one and a lot nicer. 

     I recieved a scholarship for college to be in their vocal music department. I'll be going there in the fall. Cole and I have different dorm rooms and it will be  the most we we've been apart for awhile but our dorms builings are right next to eachother. I felt like I was a huge burden so I got a job and, much to Juantita's dimay, and started paying rent.

     Today was a big day. Cole and I are graduating! he of course is the valedictorian.

"Harmony I'm coming in!" Cole yelled and at the same time opened up the door. I had barley slid my white lace A-line dress over my hips. I tried to cover myself up quickly. Eventhough he had seen me many times before in much less. "Are you ready for today?" he said coming over kissing my shoulder, pulling up the dress and zipping it. 

    "Yes" I said my voice a little shaky. This had been the best year of my life and it was almost over. I grabbed my cap and gown as we walked out of the room.

   "Oh Harmony! You look gorgeous" Juanita said and he husband smiled in agreement. 

-------

The ceremony was great and Cole's speech was amazing. We went out for dinner with his parents afterwards. When we were done we walked out and saw an orange Charger with a big white bow on it. Cole looked at his parents then started jumping around like a kid on Christmas. I smiled and stood to the side happy for him.

   We drove home and started to get ready for bed. Juantita pulled me aside.

   "Harmony this is all the rent that you have paid to me. This is your graduation present," she handed me a bulging envelope full of the cash I had given her. I smiled at her and embraced her in a hug. 

     Life was going to be good.

!@#$$%%^&&**(()_)+_)=-

so only 2  years late? im sooooooooooooooooooooo sorry:(