Prologue

Before we begin with the prologue, I just wanted to show you guys the results of the poll-

Favorite Female Charcter- Tie with Sera &Izzy 

Favorite Male Character- Nalin 

Favorite Couple- Sera&Nalin 

Favorite Character Overall- Sera (Do you guys not like Izzy anymore?) 

Most Powerful- Tie between Josh and Sera 

Most suspenseful moment- Going into battle 

Saddest Moment- Izzy's parent's death 

Saddest death in april fools chapter- Nalin 

Sweetest moment- Nalin's proposal

So, it seems Nalin and Sera were the most popular! I think because of that, I should try to make the other characters a little more awesome! What do you think?

So, sorry if this chapter sucks. I haven't had much inspiration lately xP and also I'm just plain lazy. The cover should be out in a few days. Enjoy.

**********************************************************************************************************

The wind howls as it blows through the dead trees. It slices through me like a cold knife, making me shiver. The cold seeps deep into my skin, chilling me to the very bone. I try to hug myself to fight the cold and darkness around me, but it doesn't help. Silent tears slip down my cheeks as I try to remember what happened. But I can't think of anything. Just darkness. Even when I open my eyes. Darkness.

Where am I? Where's my family? Where's my friends? Just meaningless questions with no answers.

The moon shines brightly above suddenly, illuminating the forest I'm in. I get up slowly, taking in my surroundings. Dead trees are everywhere. It looks like a fire swallowed the whole place. I want to scream for some reason because it's so quiet. All I can hear is my own heartbeat loud in my ears. That's the only thing that confirms I'm even alive and this isn't Hell.

This couldn't be death. Hell is supposed to be fire anyway, isn't it? But from what I can see, it looks like I missed the fire and went right to the part where Hell freezes over.

"Izzy!" I hear a yell of terror to my right and I swing around to see Claire's startled eyes a few yards away.

"Claire? Do you know where we are?" I ask, shivering again. I've only got on a thin shirt. No protection against the cold.

She looks around before her gaze settles back on me. "I don't know. I just woke up here. I don't even remember what happened before this. Just darkness."

I nod. "Are we the only one's here?"

"Looks like it." Claire says, looking around the dark world.

"I'm here," Someone says, making us both jump. I whirl around, my hand extended as to summon a fireball. But it doesn't come.

"Woah! Don't fry me!" Nalin screams, holding his hands up. I sigh in relief.

"Thank God it's only you, Nalin." Claire says with equal relief. "Do you have any idea where we are?"

Nalin's face shows confusion as he looks around as if just now noticing his surroundings.

"I-I'm not sure," He stutters. "The last thing I remember is pretending I was in bed, asleep. I was waiting for them to have the room check. The door opened, then... Darkness."

"Wait!" I say, thinking of something. "Where was Josh?"

"He was... He was..." Nalin tries hard to remember. "He was in his bed."

"So, he MUST have known I was gone! Or heard you being taken!" I point out, trying to remember when I was taken for myself. It's all a big blur. I was dancing with Josh... I went out to get some air... Then nothing. "When was the last time you saw me?"

"Let's see... I remember we were all at the dance... I had just-" Suddenly, he gasps, his eyes wide. Claire and I look around in panic, but then Nalin shakes his head.

"I had just proposed to Sera..."

We all stand there quietly for a second before Claire speaks up.

"What did she say?"

Nalin smiles sadly. "She said yes. After, we were all walking out. I told Sera I would see her later and I kissed her goodnight... Then, I saw you and Josh. Josh kissed you goodnight and then that's it."

"I'm confused. I don't remember being there until the end of the dance...?" I say, sighing as I sit on the charred ground. Claire and Nalin sit, too.

"What about you, Claire?" Nalin asks, turning to her. She tries to think.

"I had just gotten back to my room after the dance... That's just it. I opened the door... But never went in. Just blackness."

"Hm." I say, trying to think it over.

Suddenly, I'm hit with a blinding pain. A memory surfaces.

It's me. With golden eyes. I watch myself in the memory as I walk over to Josh. I can't hear them talking. The golden-eyed me looks back right at me... And smiles before her eyes turn back green.

I know what's going on.

"Guys, we're in bigger trouble than I thought."