Chapter Twenty-Seven: Breakfast

Please don't expect too much in this chapter. I didn't do my very best and I'm really sorry. This chapter doesn't have a lot of action (wait for the next chapter if you want action!) Thanks for your consideration. :D

_____

My eyes immediately opened and I grabbed Xavier’s hand. I was sleeping on his lap before the thunder had woken me up. Xavier woke up also and his hands went to my shoulders, comforting me. I snuggled closer to him and he just stroked my hair softly.

“It’s okay, it was only the thunder…” he cooed. “Nothing’s going to happen. I’m here.”

I smiled slightly and let my head rest again on his lap. Kelly was sleeping soundly beside us. I tried sleeping again, but then the heavy rain outside kept disturbing me. In the end, I just sighed wearily and straightened my back. 

“You don’t want to sleep again?” Xavier questioned.

I shook my head. “How can I sleep when there’s that storm outside? What time is it, anyway?”

“Around five in the morning,” he replied after glancing on the window.

“Do you know where Sandor is or if Claire’s okay?”

“I heard the car leave an hour before you fell asleep. Maybe they went to the hospital or something.”

“Well, that means we might be alone… Maybe we can call for help!”

Xavier sighed. “We can’t. We don’t have any communication and the window here… It’s the kind of window that doesn’t break easily.”

“So that’s it? We’re going to wait here until Sandor would decide what to do to us?”

Xavier suddenly grabbed my hands and kissed the back of it. Then he looked at me. His blue eyes were slightly watering and I can see his fear through them. “What’s the matter?” I asked quietly.

“Whatever will happen to us, Autumn… I just want you to know that I really love you. You’re the best thing that ever happened to my life. If-if ever Sandor’s going to kill me, just remember that I will always be with you. I might not be present in flesh but in your heart… I’ll always be there.”

“It’s too soon to say goodbye,” I said firmly. A tear escaped my eyes and I wiped it away. “We will live. We will survive, Xavier. Trust me.”

“There might not be any hope,” he said and pressed his forehead to mine. “Sandor’s strong, Autumn.”

“Don’t say that,” I whimpered and buried my face on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me, pressing me closer. “Say anything but that…”

He pulled away and looked down at me with so much love. “For now, we are together. We’ll take this chance to be happy.” 

“I love you,” I sobbed, my tears flowing down helplessly. 

He smiled. “You have no idea how you make me feel when you say that.”

I grabbed his face and pressed a kiss on his lips. He kissed me back, but was not too demanding. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down closer to me. He obeyed, his arms circling my waist.

When we both pulled away, we were breathless. My eyes were filled with tears, making my vision blurry. He cupped my face, and, using his thumbs, wiped my tears away.

“I love you, too,” he whispered and kissed my forehead softly.

*** 

There was suddenly a loud click, making me jump, startled. Xavier grabbed my hand protectively as his hard gaze stay focused on the door. Kelly was awake now. Two or three hours might have passed since the storm was tamed.