Improvement is Improvement.

Axel

"I was told you were improving, though verrryyy slowly,", she looked at me with piercing eyes, "is that right?"

"Yes, Alpha!"

She looked at me seriously, "I'd prefer if you train harder and improve faster in the future, or else you'd be dead as soon as our first enemy strikes."

I bow my head, "Yes, Alpha."

I could feel her gaze on me and it made me want to tremble, those eyes of hers are quite scary. I look up slowly, now trembling. She smirked as we made eye contact.

"Buuut, improvement is improvement. Good job, Axel!"

I stopped trembling and felt a surge of hope at the Alpha's words.

She smiled, "But you're still falling behind~ Ive already told Forrest that you'll be focusing on your fighting from now on until I say otherwise.", I gulped as she made her point. She smiled when she knew she did, "Now, begone!!", she dramatically pointed to the door, the back of her hand on her forehead as she closed her eyes. This is our Alpha, dramatic.

"Yes, Alpha! Umm...Thank you, Alpha!", I hurried outside and saw an impatient and annoyed Forrest attempting to stay still.

He immediately sensed me and jogged towards me. I had the goofiest smile on my face.

"Fooooorreeeest!!", I ran up to him with open arms, my goofy smile still on.

He stopped in surprise and I ended up hugging him, trapping his arms, but he patted my back with his hands anyway.

"What'd the Alpha say?"

It was weird that he referred to her as Alpha since she ordered him many times not to.

"She praised me, but I have to train harder and improve faster.", I answered.

He hugged me tighter, "Yeah, I agree."

It was as if he was talking to himself rather than me.

I looked up at him, "Can you stay over again?", I used my puppy eyes just in case.

Forrest chuckled with his deep voice which immediately soothed me, "I could never say no."

*•*•*•*The next day*•*•*•*

"Dodge!"

It was too late. Forrest's massive paw stopped before it hit my face, and though I should be relieved I just felt disappointment in myself.

Forrest didn't seem to be getting tired of repeating this process, but I was.

"Let's try that again.", he said with a reassuring smile.

I sighed, this was like the 20th try.

"M'kay..."

We did the same thing. He'll come at me throwing hits and I'd dodge them. He'd occasionally say "Dodge!" when I took too long or didn't see it coming. We went on like this for around 20 minutes before we stopped for the same reason again.

Forrest was fine while I, on the other hand, was panting like crazy.

We took a 10 minute break, before we started again.

We did this over and over and over again until it started getting dark.

We already did this around a hundred times and I was losing it. I started losing hope of me getting better, hence the rounds becoming shorter and shorter until I couldn't handle it anymore.

The wave of overwhelming emotion made me weak and shift to my human form. Forrest's face fell as he saw me and he ran up to me before morphing into his human form.

"Axel? Axel? Hey, what's wrong? Axel!"

I bowed my head and began to cry, shoulders shaking.

"I can't do it!", I said between sobs, "I haven't improved! And you...! You're all composed and stuff but I now you're getting tired of me! I'm getting tired! I'm a...!", I began to sob more, "I'm a...failure like....they all say....", I ended up saying quietly, tired.

Forrest had a broken look on his face as he wrapped me in his arms tightly.

"Sorry sorry sorry...I was being too tough, wasn't I? Its not you, you're not a failure! It's just...I just..."

I felt myself begin to calm and quiet down as he hugged me, and I listened, curious at what he was trying to say.

"I'm just scared...", he admitted defeatedly.

My eyes widened. I wanted to look at him but with the way he was hugging me tightly, I couldn't.

"There's...there's a lot that our Alpha has angered...they're all....very strong...and I know that the reason they haven't attacked us all these years is to train. I'm sorry for pushing you past your limit, it's just...I don't want to lose you! Not after I've finally found you!", he pushed me back to look at me, "I don't ever want to lose you!"

My eyes were still wide with shock as he took off his shirt to wipe my face of the tears and snot.

"I'm sorry, Axel.", he apologized again.

I began to feel selfish now, "N-no! Please...you were just being there for me, protecting me like this...you don't want anything bad to happen to me...and...yeah..."

I laid my head on his chest, feeling too tired. He soothingly rubbed my back, and after a few minutes said, "Let's sleep at my house this time, yeah?"

I nodded, closing my eyes. I felt him carry me and whisper soothing words till I fell asleep.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*••*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
Hope yall enjoyed the story so far!! Please comment, I'd like to know what yall think of the chapters as I go on~ also if you like the chapters please vote, it gives me confidence to keep writing, THANK YOU!!!!