Memories, old and new.

Mixen laid in the living room of the Alpha's house, and the Beta still sat at the spot to think. It was now midnight since the previous chapter. The pack, who each were scattered through the city, were growing evermore anxious as the days passed. Most neighboring packs have yet to notice this amazing opportunity to raid the camp.

Most.

One of the closer neighboring packs, Crow's Death, have sent their best wolf in scouting. Crow's Death is a weird name, you say? The name is so, for they are known for their specialty in hunting birds, mostly crows.

Anyway, the scout returned to inform the Alpha and Beta of the camp being deserted. Mixen was of course in the house, therefore was not seen, also not smelled for he was also drowned in that terrible potion to conceal one's scent. The starting scent of the potion is beyond disgusting to werebears.

The Alpha of Crow's Death arranged a group of his top 30 wolves to raid the camp, to unearth the treasures of the pack, to humiliate, to dominate. After all, if a pack doesn't have a camp, where are they supposed to gather as wolves?

The group went to the pack. Just in case a change happened since the scout reported back, they moved towards the camp stealthily. Our Beta is still at the spot, and Mixen is still sleeping, though not for long. Mixen still has his gut to trust.

"It's obvious they used a scent concealing potion, there's still a chance there  might be some hidden wolves still guarding the camp.", the Beta of Crow's Death warned his group.

  They snuck into the open of the camp and looked around.

"How odd is it for a camp to be deserted? There must be quite a big emergency, then again, the Night Sky pack is quite infamous. Taking in all the rogues and making a pack out of it is just the most disgraceful and shameful thing....", whispered one of the wolves, and though the Beta agreed, he shushed him.

Mixen had a feeling something wasn't right. He sensed danger. He got up from the carpet that now had a heavy imprint of his body on it. He headed out the door.

"What is that?", one wolf gasped.

They all looked towards the house from which the heavy paws were heard.

"Could it be the Alpha?", one asked the wolf beside him.

"Could the rumored Alpha be that big?"

They were silenced as the door knob jingled. Mixen struggled to open the damn thing. Doorknobs. Practically a lock itself to a bear. But, Mixen managed, and revealed himself to the group of wolves.

The Crow's Death group stared at the terrifyingly large, 8 feet bear. Was it their kind? Or a regular bear? The group stepped back. Bears are independent yet so, unbelievably strong. Bears their kind, depending on their experience, could take down 20 wolves with no harm. However, there're 30 of them, and Mixen is very, very old.

The Beta was the only one to not react, "Straighten up, fools! This bear is old, we can kill him.".

The wolves straightened themselves and began to prowl separate ways around Mixen. Mixen kept his beady eyes on the Beta that remained still in front of him. These wolves are really full of themselves. The Beta narrowed his eyes, wondering what the ancient bear was thinking. Mixen didn't move, otherwise they'd all panic and pound on him. He preferred to try all his options before fighting. That's just how Mixen is.

"My, my...what pack are ye wolves fr'm?"

"Crow's Death.", the Beta answered.

"Ah yes, is uhh...what's the name now...Jaxson! Is he still Alpha?"