Not the only one to miss her.

Beta

She hasn't returned. It's been 4 days. That should've been expected...it takes 1 1/2 days to get to the Light Claw pack territory, only if an Alpha were to run non stop there. I would guess at our situation, She would've arrived there yesterday. An Alpha arriving to a neighboring pack alone would usually reveal complete trust, but everyone knows Her and how She fought in the war. Bringing others along would've been seen as a complete threat.

...

I'm terrified.

What if other packs were to attack us now?! I sprayed our camp, everyone should've taken the scent revealing potion, I even called Forrest to check up on everyone to make sure they did. Then why do I feel as if I've forgotten something?

"Ye look so shaky, Violet..."

I jumped from surprise, immediately turning to glare at Mixen, "Fuck off."

 "Heheh,", he coughed out, "Still harborin' such hatred, eh?".

He walked closer to me, I morphed into my wolf, growling fiercely at him. Mixen sighed, "She had to-"

"She didn't had to die, Mixen!", he squinted his eyes at me.

"Ye blame me fer her death...after all these years...", he shook his head with a sigh.

"You killed her!"

"I DID NOT!!!"

I stood paralyzed at his growl. He's both heavier and larger than an Alpha. It has been a long while since we've been alone like this.

"She was happy wasn't she?! First time meetin' Her all the way to her last moments! Violet was smilling everyday!"

I was boiling with hatred, "Violet didn't need to know Lavender, she's better off never meeting Her! She would be here with me if you didn't lead us here!"

"LIES! Violet wouldn't be here, she would have been still wanderin', still bein' rejected-"

"You don't know that!"

"Violet was already losin' it, one could handle only so much rejection their whole life. Do ye want that fer her?!"

I didn't speak. He's not right. He's not right. He's not right.

"Stop bein' so selfish 'nd self centered!  Yer so lost in the path o' life, lyin' to yerself that ye only serve the powerful, 'nd that it had nothin' to do with love-"

"I DO LOVE HER!", I blurted. Mixen's beady eyes were surprised, then he finally realized who I was talking about.

"Violet..."

"OF COURSE VIOLET! She's the only one to show me kindness! The only one to protect me, to care for me, to not beat me! She's the only one to treat me equally! She's the only one I love!"

Mixen's eyes darkened as I continued to vent, "NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND! WE HAVE A DEEPER BOND! SHE LOVES ME AND ONLY ME!"

"Viole-"

"DON'T CALL ME VIOLET! DON'T SPEAK HER NAME!"

Mixen finally had enough. With his creaking, weary, aged body he still pounced on me at such a great distance. He fought me till he pinned me down.

"STOP THIS DELUSION! SHE DIDN'T ONLY LOVE YOU! HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WHAT A MATING BOND IS?!"

No.

I haven't forgotten.

Who could?

It's your other half...

Your other heart...

Your true love...

"Stop bein' so selfish. I know ye love her, but just because ye only love her, doesn't mean she will only love ye.",

"stop...talking...", I begged. I didn't want to hear this.

Mixen sighed, "Violet, you can't keep yerself in the dark no more..."

I shifted to my  human, making him immediately lighten his hold on me.

"I'm not Violet,", I cried, raising an arm to cover my eyes, "I wasn't born with a name. I am who my master calls me.", I sobbed, "She was the first one to allow me to name myself."

Mixen watched me with sorrow, "Y'know,", he whispered, "She didn't only tell me to watch Lavender...she said:

"Sorry, but...could you also watch over Violet? He's actually grown to me quite deep..."

and who was I to refuse her...", he finished, looking back at the memory.

I looked at Mixen with wide eyes. Then I jolted for breath, then again, and another until tears were welling at my eyes. I was shaking as I wailed for Violet, wailing for her to return to me, hoping she could hear me. To hold me to her chest like a mother, to tell me stories and other things, to teach me, but what I wailed for most is her love again. She's my savior. No one could replace her.

Mixen got himself off me completely, watching as I let out years of bottled up feelings. I was too busy to hear the words he muttered out: "Violet...ye left to me both lost souls...a lovesick pup and a child..."

*******************************************************************************************************

Please read~ :D

Hey lemon sponges! Real short chapter, and probably gonna fix it up by a whole fucking lot in the future cuz I'm not completely satisfied with it, but yeah. Everyone misses Violet!! The Beta isn't in love with Violet, btw, he loves her in a mixture of mother and hero kinda sense. BUT LETS NOT FORGET!! Our Lavender hasn't been back in 4 DAYS!!!! OH NOOOO!!! I couuuld just like kill her off, or perhaps make everything go super smooth and happily, but c'mon on :D where's the fun in that? writing this chapter got me a bit teary, I shall admit~ And I'm still planning what should happen in the next one. ANYWHOOOO!  thank y'all fer the comments and votes! PLEASE COMMENTS YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK MIGHT HAPPEN or yer expectations~ lol but yes yes, I really am thankful fer y'all.