Chapter 18

Fated Destiny

Chapter 18

Dark times have come. My fear has become all consuming leaving me raw and broken. (Lexi)

It's been troubling the past few days for Lexi to get back into the motion of things. Usually she bounces back going into routine as if nothing.

This time it's different her night terrors are becoming stronger, much more vivid. Leaving her with no choice but to continually avoid it until the exhaustion takes over and no dreams can come.

The bags under her eyes are heavily noticed no makeup can conceal. She has dropped weight for lost of appetite only maintaining herself on water.

On the rare occasions she does eat the portions were so small it did nothing for her. It was sucking the life out of her and there was nothing anyone could do to help.

Derek could only offer his support as he watched her suffer day by day. It was torture to see someone with her spirit be broken from the inside out.

Her stubbornness had her refusing for help it was killing her to see the looks Derek would give her.

She was struggling with herself it was a losing battle that she didn't know how to turn around.

They were in the final steps to her major plan and she needed to be at her strongest.

Her body ached while her hands were bruised and scraped from trying to exhaust herself so that she could sleep without suffering her night terrors.

Lexi felt hopeless a feeling she never wanted to experience again. She had felt it when she watched the people closest to her turn there backs on her.

Lexi never wanted to feel it but there she was hopeless losing a battle that would be the end of her.

One thing she would never admit to because it hurt her pride and ego to admit that she needed help.

It meant having to be open to let down her guard to accept help. She had been hurt by to many people she couldn't fathom doing it.

Lexi was taking the road of silent suffering while those around could only watch helpless. It was a road she wanted to go on by herself.

She wouldn't dare bring someone into her darkness. To have to dig herself out of the early grave she was lying in.

Going to the present Lexi was dressed and prepped she had given the Sons of Saint freedom.

She was the one who got them cleared of the charges and she was going to collect. Lexi didn't do anything if she didn't gain from it.

The past few days their club lawyer had come snooping around asking questions. It was beginning to rub her the wrong way.

Even after hearing his pity story she simply couldn't stand the sight of him. Patience wasn't her strong hold especially with her on edge.

Lack of sleep had deteriorated her level of patience, many factors were beginning to appear which made people want to stay clear.

Everyone except for their club lawyer, it was a miracle she hadn't murdered him. With all his pestering she would say it would be in self defense of her sanity.

He showed up early that morning, Lexi was exhausted running on the little spark that was threatening to give out and high amounts of energy drinks that doctors wouldn't recommend consuming.

She had reached her boiling point with him constantly asking questions. Lexi snapped and her temper ran loose that it reminded those around her not to let there guard down.