The Game of Temptation ~19~

Hey guys!

Yes, I'm officially back and writing!:)

Also, this chapter... Some of you will hate me, some of you will love me, and some of you will be like "wait, what?!"

To the people that will hate me: I hope you forgive me:(

OH! And this story reached 200,000 READS!!!:D You have no idea how happy that makes me!!:D 

Love you guys! <3

ALSO, the picture on the side is because yesterday was my Prom!!! So I figured I'd practically force you to look at me in my dress and stuff xD And yes, that is me...

ANYWAY.. enjoy!:)

Chapter Nineteen

~Ren~

Nothing had happened. In the past month and a half since the beginning of the semester, absolutely nothing had happened between me and Isa. I'd been her friend, been there for her whenever she needed me, listened to her complain about school, Alex, everything.

And she wasn't liking me enough.

I could only be so patient. I had hoped something, even minor, would have happened. But now it was Valentine's Day and for the first time in years, I had no plans.

All because of one little brunette who I couldn't get out of my head no matter how hard I tried.

I made my way to Caroline and Isa's dorm room, hoping Isa was out so I could talk to my sister about her "genius" plan.

So what if it was 7AM? I needed to get this out. It wasn't like I'd woken up early, I wish I had.

I hadn't even slept over this.

All I could think about was the date Isa had told me about. I'd asked if she was coming over after classes, and she'd smiled, looking so happy I couldn't help but smile back.

"Actually, I have a Skype date with Alex," she'd told me, and suddenly her smile was heartbreaking.

I hadn't even realized how much I needed that smile to be for me.

So all night I'd lay in bed, staring at my ceiling, alternating between hating reality and a daydream in which Isa argued with Alex (in my head, he was shorter than her, ugly, and skinny. He also looked like a girl), and chose me instead.

It was all good, that parallel life, until I came crashing back to the real world and was reminded that Isa loved, not me.

It had been a long night, and I don't think I'd ever thought so badly of myself.

I knocked on Caroline's door, and was surprised when she actually opened it with something other than a growl.

"Hey, Ren! Come on in!" She stepped aside, and I walked in, confused.

"Who the hell are you, and where is my sister?" I asked, looking at Isa's bed. It was empty; I was safe.

"Shut up," Caroline teased, punching my shoulder lightly. "Me and Italy went for a run. She's taking a shower then going to grab us breakfast.

Instantly my mind flicked to an image of Isa in a shower, and I shook my head hard to clear it. I could not think that kind of thing around my sister.

"Right. So we have time to talk about... you know..?" I trailed off, making sure she knew what I was talking about.

Her eyes widened, and she nodded. "Yeah! What's going on?"

I glared. Of course she'd think it was good. "It's not working, okay? She's not any more into me than she was before, and she's still managing to screw with my mind."