The Game of Temptation ~11~

Hey guys!

Whoa, I'm on a ROLL with this story right now!!!:D I've had a little too much desperation to write it since the last chapter was such a huge success, so here I am with the next chapter. I'm slightly mad because I handwrote it first, and it was seven pages FRONT AND BACK (haha anyone get the friends referrence?), but it ended up being shorter than most of my other chapters. Really? That doesn't even make sense! Most of my other chapters are only five front and back. Whatever, weird world...

Also, random thing. Any FOB fans?! Who else has heard their new song?! I personally haven't taken it off repeat since I heard it:) DEFINITELY a good song for them to come back with!!!:))

And also, check out NatTheWeirdo! She has an AMAZING writing talent and NEEDS more people to check her out. Seriously, her newest story is called "Finding You" and I totally recommend it!!! So go read it!!!!:D

Anyway... Enjoy!!

Chapter Eleven

~Isabelle~

The time between my final exams and gong home took way too long. I kept myself focused entirely on making sure I'd ace my tests, because the second I stopped studying, Ren filled my mind.

He'd kissed me. He'd actually kissed me.

And I'd kissed back without a second thought. I hadn't even thought about Alex until I got back to my room and found I had a missed call from him.

I'd called back and kept a conversation going, but no matter how much I tried, I couldn't bring myself to tell him what had happened.

I hated myself as I told Alex I loved him, hated that he said it back and meant it. I was a terrible person. A terrible girlfriend.

Care had clearly seen that something was wrong, but she hadn't asked. Maybe Ren had already told her. Somehow I knew he would at some point, if he hadn't already.

"I'm going to miss you!" Care squealed, hugging me tightly.

I hugged back, laughing slightly. "I'll miss you too! But it's only two weeks! We can text the entire time, and we'll even Skype sometimes, OK?"

She nodded. "Fine... see you in a couple of weeks!" She headed over to her car, and I got into my truck, starting it up for the first time in a month."

"I've missed you too," I muttered, rubbing the wheel affectionately. Who knew college would help me lessen my mileage?

As I waited for the heating to kick in, I dialed my mom's number.

"Hey, hon! Are you heading home?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm just about to leave. I'll be there in around five hours," I told her.

She laughed. "Can't wait. It's been too long!"

I smiled slightly. "It really has. I can't wait to be home," I said, honestly. It had been a crazy semester; I was ready for something familiar.

"You better start driving. The traffic later will be horrible. Love you," my mom said. "Oh, and your father says he looks forward to seeing you."

"Tell him I said the same. I love you both. See you soon."

I hung up, put the truck in reverse, and pulled out of what I now considered my parking space.

At least I had music to listen to as I drove alone. If I didn't, I'd be stuck thinking about Ren.

How was I ever going to explain that kiss? It was intense, powerful, and filled with something that had practically blown my mind.

That thought, full of what could have happened, was shattered as soon as Alex crept back into my head.