The Game of Temptation ~14~

Hey guys!

I'm so, so, so, so, SO sorry about the wait!! School has just been... weird.. and I managed to get myself addicted to New Girl, so I've been catching up on episodes of THAT...

So, yeah. I'm sorry!! It's all my fault, and I know I'm a terrible person for not uploading sooner!

Now, on the other side, for those of you who read Just One Night, you'll know that recently it hit an amazing total on TEN MILLION READS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D I know that there are people who will think "oh, well, I've seen stories with eleven million" *snooty voice here*, but you know what?! I don't care! Because MY STORY, one that *I* wrote, got ten million. Now, to me at least, that's pretty f*cking impressive. I've seriously never been this happy in my life, and it's all because of you amazing fans:) I love you guys, and I mean that. I really do.

And by the way, uh, if my mom ever reads this, hi mom! Love you! <-- she's kind of the reason I'm a writer. It's in my genes from her side. Just saying. And also, uh, she's awesome. I'll have to do a "rant" about her one day. I really, really will. Actually, go check it out. It's probably up by now.

Anyway, thank you fanigans (followers?) again for being amazing and reading JON, and asking your friends to read it, and all that stuff!!

Now, here's the chapter!!!:D

PS: Dedication is because she made the AWESOME banner on the side!:D 

Chapter Fourteen

~Isabelle~

New Year's Eve. For me, it was the best day of the year. It was the day you could use to forget mistakes and remember the good times. It was the day I could swear and promise myself that this year would be different. This year, I wouldn't let Ren kiss me, and I wouldn't kiss him either. I would reach August 1st, turn nineteen, and celebrate a five year anniversary with Alex.

It had to happen this way.

Of course, I also had to sit through a talk with Ren, but I had four days before that happened.

"Hey, babe!" Alex greeted me.

I smiled, hugging him. "Hey! When did you get here?" I asked, kissing him softly. We were setting up our little area of the park. My family, all of them, were having a kind of party here tonight instead of staying home. Some other people had the same idea, and I knew by the end of the night we'd all merge into one huge party. It's how it always happened.

"Just now. Your mom told me you were over here."

I nodded, looking around at the plates, cups, and other items people had bought to "contribute". I was standing here so it looked like I was doing something. I didn't want to have to set up anything else.

I thought about my talk with Ren, and frowned. "Alex? When are you heading back to school?" I asked. We hadn't been talking about it at all, but with the new year approaching, when was a better time? I'd rather do it before midnight than after.

Alex sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Two days. I'm leaving on the second," he said, simply.

"Oh, wow," I muttered, shocked. "That's... soon."

He nodded. "Yeah, I know. Apparently we have to be there a few days early to meet up with counselors to make sure our classes make sense or something."

"I don't want to say goodbye again, though," I admitted, quietly. Just like that, the mood changed. Tonight, I had a feeling, was going to be serious.

Alex looked at me, and I knew he was thinking the same thing I was. His eyes scanned over me, just as mine were doing to him. It was like we needed memorizing each other.