The Game of Temptation ~9~

Hey guys!

So, here's another chapter!

All I'm going to say, is... uh... please don't hate me. Please? I love you guys, if that makes it better!

Sorry in advance... I really love you guys... Remember that when you read this...

Chapter Nine

~Alex~

 Halloween was now one of my favorite holidays. Especially when we had a group of Hogwarts students bowling together.

 We'd made it work so that half of us were Slytherin, and the other half were Gryffindor so we could "battle" each other.

 It had also let us get a free meal from a stranger who told us that we'd made his entire day, and given him hope in our generation.

 So, all in all, an amazing night.

 However, I'd also learned that the day after was the worst.

 I called Izzy when I woke up, but figured when she didn't answer that she was in class. So I waited, went to class, and waited some more before trying again around 7PM.

 That's when I saw the picture. As I waited for her to pick up, I was browsing through Facebook. At first I thought the picture was one of those lame "like if you think this is cute!" photos that girls always like for no real reason. The photo was in the dark, but some light shone over two figures, clearly a boy and a girl, and they looked close enough to be kissing.

 I paused when I realized it wasn't some like, it was tagged. With Isabelle York and Ren Michaels.

 I clenched my teeth together as her voice-mail message came up, and hung up to try again. She had a hell of a lot to own up to, considering last month.

 "Hey, babe. Sorry, I was just about to call you back," Izzy answered.

 "It's fine. How was your night?" I asked, deciding to give her a chance to confess. After all, she might have just wanted to talk about it when she had more time.

 She laughed. "I barely remember most of it. I honestly believe someone spiked the water. How was yours?"

 Concern overran my possible anger at that picture, and I frowned. "Someone spiked the water? And you're OK with that?"

 "Well, it made me have a killer hangover, but from what I do remember, nothing bad happened. So, I'm fine," she said.

 I stayed quiet. The Izzy I knew would freak out over spiked drinks, especially in minors, but this one was laughing it off?

 College was really changing her.

 "So, how was your night?" She prompted.

 I told her quickly about my night, telling her about how Gryffindor's win had actually encouraged people to cheer. I was smiling remembering the night, but a quick glance at my computer screen washed the smile away. The picture was right there, reminding me that Izzy might have cheated a lot worse than I did. Was that one of the things she remembered?

 "Alex? Are you OK?" Izzy asked.

 I sighed, knowing this had to be done now. "Have you been on Facebook yet?"

 "Uh, no. Hold on." I waited, and a few seconds later, she said, "Alex, that picture..."

 I cut her off. "Remember that part? You know, considering how mad you got at me, I think I have the right to get mad too."

 "Alex! I don't remember that. I promise, I would tell you if I did," Izzy insisted.

 "You don't thought, so how do you know if you guys did anything?" I countered.