Chapter Nine

-Back at the Jonas Residence-

"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. I'M HOOOOOOOOOOOME. DAD!"

"Quiet down Joseph. Frankie's still asleep." Paul spoke coldly.

"Dad, I'm really sorry of acting out of place. It was very immature and unprofessional. I will pay for the damage done. My emotions really got to me last night." Joe spoke apologetically.

Paul could remember the way Joe would get mad when he felt very emotional about something. The only time he could remember Joe doing something so crazy was when Joe found Demi and Wilmer Valderama give each other affection like Joe wasn't in the room. That's when Paul realized that Joe really liked Demi if not loved her.

"Joe, this is the second time and it's for the same reason," He paused. "It's Demi. Isn't it?"

"Yeah but dad, we worked it out last night. I didn't go to my apartment. Demi took me to hers and we had a sleepover. We talked the who-"

"You guys...uh..." Paul cleared his throat. "Didn't...didn't...ahem...didn't do anything?"

"Nooo dad, I'm still that abstinent boy I promised to be."

"Okay. Phew." His father was quite relieved. 

"Anyways, we discussed things over and now we're back to being best friends. I promise not to get out of hand anymore. I swear to you Dad. I swear my word. I just feel like a total jerk for trashing the room."

"I know you're a passionate guy, Joseph. However, you need to straighten yourself up. Control your anger. You know better."

"Yes Dad. I understand completely. I just want to apologize for my actions."

"Good."

"Apology accepted until you pay for the damage you made."

Nick and Kevin were up leaning over the staircase which they happened to be eavesdropping behind when Joe got there.

"Okay. Fine by me. I just owe you guys an apology."

All was well between the Jonas family. Joe paid his dues later on, right before the meeting.

-During the meeting-

"Dinner later?" Joe wrote on Demi's notebook in the upper right corner.

"Sure :) Pick me up around 8!" She replied.

-Demi's apartment around 8-

"Hey Joe!" Demi squealed ecstatically.

"Hey there Dems." Joe said with a calm smile like he usually did.

He let him in and they shared a long lasting hug.

"Let me just get my purse!" Demi said feeling all girlish for even saying that.

"Sure," Joe grinned.

-At dinner-

"This chicken is heaven in my mouth I swear," Demi stated.

"I know right? My mom brought me here after my brothers and I won our first award," Joe explained.

Demi couldn't help but feel butterflies fluttering in her stomach. She knew that he would only tell those type of things to her and sooner or later, the conversations would get deeper and deeper as their friendship continued longer.

"You're so beautiful," Joe blurted out. If someone looked beautiful, he just had to compliment her on doing so.

"Why thank you kind sir," Demi joshed.

More and more butterflies as the both of them shared a laugh. Joe slipped his hand on top of hers above the dinner table.

"Demi?" Joe asked.

She looked up from the image of their two hands holding each others into his deep, golden eyes with a questioning expression across her face.

"Thank you."

"For?"

"For giving me another chance."

She could only grin because she felt the exact same way. She's never gotten like this with anybody, not even Nick.

"Me too," she sighed in contentment.

The rest of the night, Demi and Joe finished their food and drove back to Joe's place where it was Demi's turn to stay the night until the morning.