Chapter Six

Nick came knocking on Demi's dressing room just as she had gotten done changed into her sweats and a band t-shirt she'd recently just purchased.

"What happened with Joe?" Nick queried noticing Demi's tight eyes and red nose.

"We got into another fight. That's all we ever do."

"Did you know what he just did?"

Nick took Demi's hand and found the whole room messed up with a bunch of people helping out to sweep away the broken glass and put everything back in its place.

"Do you know where he is?" Paul asked Demi.

"No. I'll go look for him."

"Thanks Dem."

Demi ran around the whole building and finally went outside to check in the tour bus.

"What do you want now." Joe blandly asked.

"What the fuck is your problem Joe? You get rejected and now you're being a total asshole about this? Get over it." Demi spoke harshly.

Joe stood up from the ground from where he was sitting against the concert building and from across the tour bus. He gave a little chuckle.

"I am over it."

"Really? Because that's not what it seemed when you poured your feelings just a few minutes ago in my dressing room."

"Why do you even care? It's too late, right?"

What the fuck, Joe.

"You could've showed me that I can change my mind. Ever thought of that?"

"And what good would that do?"

"It would've helped us become closer again. But by the looks of it, looks like neither of us can put up with this bullshit anymore."

Joe just broke down. This wasn't like him. Not for any girl. Not for anyone. Demi was his best friend and she knew him better than he knew himself just as he knows her more than she knows herself, too.

"I'm sorry," Joe choked as his sobs were filling in his words for him

"Joe...You'll be fine." Demi consoled effortlessly. She just felt bad for him. This obviously wasn't like him to bawl in front of anyone.

She called up a cab and got inside with Joe. They were going to settle this thing once and for all.