Chapter Thirteen

-The Next Morning-

I hate clubs.

Demi tossed over on her side and found Selena on her left and she peered over Selena's body to find Miley's feet trailing down to her head at the other end of the bed. Selena and Miley were already lying awake. They were talking amongst themselves trying their best to have not awakened Demi from her slumber.

"Good morning!" Selena smiled.

"Hey girly!" Miley said ecstatically.

Throughout the rest of the night after the whole situation went down, Miley and Selena dragged Demi out of the house to go get some cookie dough ice cream and rent some movies so they could laugh their butts off the whole night.

"Good morning ladies!" Demi managed to smile.

Her cellphone buzzed and as she checked it, she noticed 16 new messages and they were all from one person. Joe.

"I need a new name, a new life, a new identity. Ugh." Demi stressed overthinking.

"How about a little getaway?" Miley suggested.

"How about to the beach!?" Selena squealed.

"OH mygod. YES. PLEASE." Demi said.

"Let's hit it up."

-At the beach-

"Isn't this a great getaway?" Selena said letting her hair fall back.

"Shit. Not for long." Miley gasped.

The three girls looked to their right and there they were. The trio of brothers. Nick, Kevin, and of course, Joe.

"FuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUuuUUuuUuuck,"  Demi groaned. "Can't a girl have a getaway in peace?!"

Joe looked their way as soon as Demi broke her glare from Joe. Demi got up and just played in the water. Some guy kicked his soccer ball her way, she kicked it right back then the two started playing a mini game. Selena and Miley joined as well. Three on one. Joe watched in envy for Demi's presence to be in his arms.

He couldn't take it anymore so he got up and headed straight for her.

Why the hell did I do last night? Why the hell did I say that? Joe thought.

His knees were growing weak after each step. He finally reached them.

"Hey..." He mumbled.

Selena and Miley just glared at him then back to Demi who just kept her focus on Joe then back at Joe.

"Hi," Demi said with a fake smile so the public won't think that there's something going on with them.

Joe smiled back, getting the message.

"I'm really sorry about last night," Joe apologized. "I know this won't take an apology to fix things but I just want to let you know that I'm really sorry. I was acting out of hand again. I had no right to go off on you like that. But you know the pressures of being in a public relationship,"

"We should probably talk somewhere else," Demi said continuing on her fake smile.

Demi and Joe walked to the tiki bar with Selena and Miley following them.

"Why'd you kiss her?" Demi first questioned as the four took a seat.

"She came onto me and we were at a club. I can't reject my 'girlfriend's' kiss in front of the whole public. Especially with the paparazzi."

Demi sat there wondering what she was going to ask next until she came up with one.

"Even in a fake one, there's really no pressure at all."

"Sure, maybe in a fake relationship. But in a legit public relationship, it's twice as hard to spend time with the person you really want to be with and flaunt in public. "

"Too bad we can't be together. After all, you don't want me getting hurt and stuff."

Joe was about to agree until he sunk in what she just said.

"I did say that, but I don't know about not being together."

"Well, you don't want me to get hurt, right? You said we'll never be together again, right? You'll get what you want, Joseph. We're just friends now. And that's all we'll ever be so there's really no hard feelings if I can't be with you."

Joe stuttered trying to figure out how to put things together again.

Why the hell am I such an idiot? Joe thought.

"Demetria-"

"Save it Joseph," Demi was fed up. "Friends only."

Demi got up from her seat until Joe gently grabbed Demi's wrist and pulled her closer to him. She slipped from his grasp and ran towards one of the yachts.

"Can I please borrow your keys?"

"HEY! YOU'RE DEMI LOVATO! I LOVE YOU!" squealed a Lovatic.

"Hi! So, can I borrow your keys really quick? I just really need to getaway for a little while. I'll be sure to repay you when I get back!"

"YES. MOST DEFINITELY. I LOVE YOU OH MY GOD."

Demi looked back and Joe was speed walking up to Demi and as he got closer and closer, Demi turned on the ignition and start to float away from port until it was too late. Joe caught a ride on the boat.