Chapter Twelve

Demi drove up to an open parking lot and she charged right up to her suite. Selena and Miley raced as fast as they could to catch up with Demi. Liam and Justin were sent home by their girlfriends. 

"Demi! Let us in!" Selena buzzed in.

"Please Demi! We can talk about this!" Miley buzzed.

Demi let them in and as soon as they got there, they opened her door to her suite to find her sitting on the bathroom floor crying her eyes out.

"Oh man..." Miley said taking a seat next to her as Selena did as well.

Selena put an arm around Demi pulling her head on her chest so that Selena could somewhat hold her. Miley hugged the both of them.

"Don't worry Dem. Maybe this was for the public?" Selena theoried.

"I know it's all for play...but it hurts so damn much. If we were ever together, I don't want him kissing anybody else," Demi sobbed.

Miley heard a knock on the door so she got up to see who it was. She peeped through the peephole and found an anxious Joe standing there, bouncing on his feet. Miley opened the door only a little.

"She doesn't want to talk to you, Joe," Miley spit.

"Just let me talk to her, please. Nick told me what happened. It's all a big misunderstanding!"

"I can't, Joe."

"Please."

"No."

Demi got up from the bathroom to see Miley talking to someone outside, yet Demi didn't know who until she got closer and closer. She didn't want to see his face.

Joe pushed the door wide open so that he was now looking at Demi's hurt, tear-stained face.

"Go home," Demi said bluntly.

"Just listen to me. Please. Just give me this one night to explain everything."

"Why? So we can fight again?"

"It can't just be about you, Demi. What if the public catches on? I don't want you to get hurt."

Demi marched straight up to him and looked him in the eye as she exhaled heavily like she was about to pound on someone. Miley stepped out of the way.

"IF we were ever together, the public would find out anyways. I know you feel the same way about me! I don't want you to be kissing anybody in public! I don't care if it's for the public. You never let anybody kiss you but me!"

"BUT WE'RE NOT TOGETHERTHAT'S THE THING DEMETRIA. I DON'T WANT YOU TO GET HURT. I DON'T WANT TO BE THE REASON FOR YOUR PAIN. WE'LL NEVER BE TOGETHER AGAIN."

Demi didn't know what to say.

"Get out," she mumbled.

"What?"

"Get the hell out."

"Demi, I'm...please..."

Miley opened the door for Joe to leave.

"Fine."

Joe shut the door behind him quite loudly.

Demi slid down against the hallway wall with her knees touching her chest and her tears running along with her descending.

"Fuck." She mumbled.