Chapter Eight

-The next morning-

Demi tossed around on her bed until she something firm next to her. Like, a body, next to her. She deciphers whether or not to open her eyes but she does anyways. 

It was Joe who had stayed the whole night.

Slowly, her memory started to replay last night's incidents. The argument in her dressing room, the scene of crime in his dressing room, the argument outside, the talk in her living room. Then, the rest of the night.

Demi went to bed to leave Joe on the couch as he fell fast asleep, yet Joe woke up and joined her company in her bed. She was too exhausted to protest. She didn't want to anyways.

Soon, Demi realized once more that she was fully clothed but Joe, however, had his shirt off revealing his perfect skin and the many moles on his body. His muscles were so big. Joe liked to work off the stress at the gym.

Just as Demi was getting to his lips, Joe's eyes fluttered open. He was like an angel with the sun shining from behind his back making him glow in the day.

"Good morning beautiful," Joe said groggily.

"Hey sleepyhead," Demi couldn't help but smile. She was waking up to the person that she felt was truly the one.

"Did you sleep well?" Joe asked as his hand slipped under the back of her shirt so he could rub her lower back.

"Great," Demi exhaled. "And you?"

"SplendiFEROUS!" Joe exclaimed flamboyantly as he landed on his back and spread his arms out wide with one arm hovering over Demi's face.

They both laughed. This was just another realization of how much they missed each other's company.

"Man...I messed up real bad." Joe thought aloud.

"At least you're doing your best to fix things," Demi consoled.

"Yeah. At least I am." Joe thought. "I gotta go meet up with my brothers and my dad. I owe them an apology as well."

"Alright." Demi breathed.

He turned around as he put his shirt on. He found her bedhead look to be absolutely beautiful. She was gorgeous in her grogginess and magnificent with her natural and vulnerable skin complexion.

"I'll see you later at the meeting?"

"Yeah." Demi yawned and stretched her arms out.

A smile crept upon Joe's face as she continued along with her actions.

"So, what exactly...where is this friendship...um..." queried Joe.

"Best friends. Best friends can have sleepovers, can't they?" Demi replied rapidly and innocently.

"Sure." Joe agreed in contentment.

Later on, Demi led Joe to the door so he could leave. They shared a genuine hug but the feeling was definitely mutual. They were in love.