My Benefactor Chapter One

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter One

Picture on the side is Derek's mansion.

(No proofreading done)

**********************************************

"Oh my god! My feet hurt. Why didn't you tell me you live so far from civilization, Derek?" I whined. "Are we there yet?" I didn't want to sound like a complaining four year old, but all this walking had me acting like a ditz.

If he wasn't that good looking, I would have bashed his head in for not giving me a heads up. There was no need for me to complain. The guy just offered me a roof over my head and the least I could do was to be grateful, but being the idiot I was, in turn acted like an ungracious misfit. Yeah, very cool Reagan. But I couldn't help it.

For some reason, he failed to mention that his house was a long way from the bus stop. Why did he opted not tell me? That, I had no idea. Half of the time we were walking, I was waiting for the moment that he would pounce at me or worst, kill me in cold blood. Neither of it happened. Maybe it was just my imagination running wild, or it was just human instinct taking over for meeting a stranger. A hot stranger I might add.

I glanced at him. He didn't look tired nor breathing hard from all that walkathon. It was as though walking half a mile on foot was easy just like brushing your teeth or combing your hair.

All of sudden, he stopped walking and stood in front of a massive iron gate with a DJK initials in the middle. "We're here." He said and turned to look at me.

Oh my lord. The gate was so huge. "Um Dee, the gate looks humongous." I gulped as I roved my eyes at the massive iron structure in front me.

He smiled, quite amused with the new nickname I gave him. "Dee?"

"Uh... haha... s-short for Derek." I stammered. Oh geez.

He seemed to sense my uneasiness, so he took a few steps towards me and smiled as he put a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, it's alright. I like the sound of Dee," he said. "It's quite refreshing than saying my full name."

I released a gust of air that I didn't noticed holding in. Good that he didn't find it freaky. "Cool then."

He laughed and dropped his hand to the sides then turned around. He walked to the iron gates and pushed it to open. He nudged his head. "Go on in."

I did as I was told and got in. He followed suit and we both fell into step as we walked along the long driveway.

There were trees lining up on the sides with its leaves and branches arching to meet the other. Every two feet was a lamp post, lighting the path for visibility. I had a feeling that this Derek dude was rich. Filthy rich. The driveway alone was a dead giveaway.

As we reached the end of the path, my jaw literally dropped to the ground. No freaking way!

The house was huge. It was made of red bricks and there were four pillars by the front door, inspired by the classicist. The windows were indeed large, and there were lights on each window, which casted an enthralling feel to the house. At the beginning of the courtyard were two brick columns on each end, marking as an entrance to the house. In front of the column were some beautifully manicured hedges. One word could only describe the mansion: lavish.