My Benefactor Chapter Thirty

My Benefactor
Copyright ©2011 crimsonnebula
All rights reserved

Chapter Thirty

Picture on the side is Ryder (Alex Mckee)

Vote, like, fan, vote and comment as much as you want. 

Enjoy! No proofreading done. If I miss something, I'll go over it later.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

(Derek's POV)

All throughout dinner, Luke kept staring at Reagan and I  with that wary expression that I  knew all to well. His unspoken worry for his daughter's safety  had him on edge because this was after all a forbidden relationship.

This was a big gamble on my part, me being an Elder. Not only am I compromising Reagan's life but mine as well.

When my family, especially my father, knows about this, he was sure to go hell bent in screaming at the top of his lungs about how stupid and reckless I was in tarnishing the family name and all the things they held dear all in the name of Kolinkar legacy.

But, they had no idea that our family carried a secret that bounded me and Reagan to the prophecy.

A prophecy that may end my life.

However, I had a gut feeling my father knew something about our ancestor, Constantine. It was odd that he never mentioned about him, not even my great grandfather as well.

Then again, secrets were after all left hidden.

We decided to head back to New York tomorrow morning since we didn't know where to go from here. I think it was a sensible move for us because though we had found the answer to the prophecy, we weren't sure what the truth meant. It could be anything and this would be the time to have the parchment examined by Luke's Alerian historian friend.

The most important part of our trip back home  was Reagan's birthday which was in two days. I asked her what she wanted to do and all she said was just a simple gathering with the five of us at home. I suggested a party where she could invite her friends but to my surprise, she snorted and waved it off. I didn't know what she meant by that one but my guess was that she didn't have close friends at school. Ciara and Bryson were out of the equation, if they were not that important to her now.

As we left the hotel's restaurant, Cooper and Ryder decided to wander around Santorini Island and maybe hunt as well. They asked me if I wanted to come along but I'll just hunt maybe around dawn when Reagan was asleep.

Hand in hand, Reagan and I headed to my suite but unfortunately, Luke, called for our attention.

"You two, stop," he said in a stern voice.

We stopped walking then hesitantly, I let go of her hand  and spun around to face a very serious looking Luke. I wonder what he was going to say now.

'Uh oh,' Reagan said into my mind.

I glanced at her and frowned. 'What do you mean uh oh?'

She slanted her head then did an eye rolll. 'I know that look. It's the I'm-protecting-my-daughter's- chasity look.'

I chuckled softly. 'Really?'

Luke cleared his throat and our heads snapped back to face him.

"Yes, Luke?" I asked, slightly wary.

Luke crossed his arms and tried to look like a scary father. "Where are you both going?"he asked, quirking his eyebrows.