My Benfactor Chapter Ten

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Ten
Picture on the side is Aramis (Model Matthieu Charneau)

Vote, like, fan and comment!

Enjoy the new chapter! (No proofreading done)
***************************

(Derek's POV)

Seeing there was no point berating myself with what I had done, I propped myself off from the wall, but there was static in the air letting me know someone was teleporting to my direction. The static grew stronger, then a blurry and fuzzy outline morphed into Cooper.

I groaned and propped myself back on the wall. When he was done materializing, he took a few steps forward and put a hand on my shoulder, "I've heard." Like I said, advanced hearing had its disadvantages.

I stared at him, not able to speak.

He sighed, "I know something like this was bound to happen. So what did you do? Did you tell her?"

I looked away not wanting to see his reaction, "I altered her memory."

It was silent for a few moments. I guess Cooper left because he didn't want to deal with my selfish pathetic self. Maybe I deserved this abandonment for doing the unthinkable. I averted my eyes back and saw that he was still there. What shocked me was that he had an understanding expression on his face.

"You're not mad that I altered her memory? You don't think I was selfish?" I asked, slightly shocked that he wasn't mad at me.

He smiled, "No, you weren't selfish, Derek. It had to be done, and I would have done the same thing if it happened to me."

This was why I loved my best friend, "Thank you, Cooper. But I feel so guilty. She deserves to know the truth, but I fear that she would run away, never to come back into our lives."

He smiled sadly, "If that day comes, my friend, then we have to deal with it."

I stood up straight then looked at him intently, "Can you look after Reagan while I'm gone? I need to do something. I might be back in the morning."

He nodded, "Of course." He said smiling.

"Thank you." I said, looking at him gratefully.

He smiled and gripped my shoulder, "Derek, if you weren't sexy, I would have said no."

I rolled my eyes, "Your being an idiot, Cooper." Then pried his hand from my shoulder and walked towards the stairs. Tell me, why am I best friends with him again?

Before I reached the stairs, Cooper called for me,"Hey, Derek?"

I stopped and glanced over my shoulder,"Yes?"

He smiled softly,"Don't beat yourself up. It's going to be fine."

I sighed,"I hope so." Then snapped my head back and left.

                                                                    *********************

I stood before the colossal black iron gate that fenced the abandon warehouse. It was teeming with converted vampires and the warehouse was the only place for their kind where they couldn't be mistreated by pure bloods. Aramis was gracious enough to take in every converted vampire into his care.

However, it doesn't change the fact that they still cause trouble for our race.

I used my scanning energy to scope the place. There were 8 guarding the roof, 6 at the back, 4 on both sides and 2 at the front. It's quite understandable if the front was less guarded, because no one was crazy enough to attack blood thirsty vampires.

That was why I chose the front. Less hassle than those heavily guarded areas.

I took a deep breath, then placed my left foot backwards and right foot forward. I crouched slightly, then propelled myself in the air and did a somersault, then landed on the other side of the gate with no sound.

I started walking towards the huge rusty double doors when two vampires materialized, one on my back and the other at the front.

The one at the front glared at me. He looked to be in his early 20's with tousled blond hair and blue green eyes,"Who are you?" he sneered.

Most converted vampires knew about The Pillars. I guess this one didn't have a clue who I am.

The one behind me sniffed then growled, "He's a pure blood. A powerful one to boot."

I held up my hands to imply I didn't want to fight and glanced at the vampire behind me. He had ash brown hair with dark green eyes, "I just want to talk to Aramis."

"What do you want with our leader?" the one behind me asked.

"It is between me and Aramis." I replied in a cold, firm tone.

The vampire in front of me scoffed. I snapped my head back to look at him, "Sure." Then glared at me, "you have the nerve to tress pass on our territory, pure blood. What? Ran out of servants?"

I ground my teeth frustated. I didn't have time to talk with this imbeciles, "Look, I just need to talk to Aramis, that's all. I mean no harm, and I don't wish to fight."

The blond vampire laughed, "Oh, you pure bloods make me laugh." After a few seconds, this laughter died down and was replaced with a murderous glare, "You can't talk to Aramis. Leave or else..." he trailed.

I raised my eyebrow to challenge him," Or else what?"

"Or I'll hurt you." He replied smugly.

The vampire behind me flitted to his friend to warned him, "Carlson, stop it. You don't want to fight with a pureblood." So the converted vampire has a name.

He snorted, "How bad can it be to hurt a pureblood, Jesse? Maybe he's just a wimp."

Jesse glanced at me worriedly and back to his friend, "Don't be a fool." He hissed. You should listen to your friend if you want to live, Carlson.

He scoffed then looked at me again, "Leave, pure blood."

"No. I need to speak to Aramis." I said. God I sound like a broken record.

"Then you leave me no choice."  And with that, he punched my gut hard, making me stumble a bit. Though the punch wasn't that painful but it still took a breath out of me. He jumped in the air and flipped, then landed behind me. He attempted to grabb me on a choke hold, but I was quick. I whirled around in a sweep motion, then my body was bent low with my right knees bent, but pulled back while my left knee bent as well, but pushed forward. I extended my arm towards his heart, with my hand forming a knife. I swiftly stabbed him, gripping his heart and squeezed it a bit, making him scream in pain.

I tilted my head up and made sure my eyes flicker in feiry orange, "Like I said before, I don't wish to fight, but you just wouldn't listen."

He tried prying my hands off, but I was stronger than him. I was about to incinerate him when Aramis made his presence known, "Enough."

I stood up straight and slowly took out my hand from his heart, making squishing sounds. I flicked my hands to remove the blood and dug my free hand in my pocket for a handkerchief. I took it out and wiped my bloody hand then burned the handkerchief to ashes.

"You're lucky. If Aramis didn't  come, I wouldn't hesitate in killing you." I sneered at Carlson, "Now leave." He gulped and nodded vigorously. He grabbed his friend and flitted to where they came from.

Aramis walked towards me with an amused grin, "Why Derek. What brings you here to my humble abode?"

"You should teach your charges about respect, Aramis." I said.

He shook his head chuckling, "I'm sorry. Then again, they can be a bunch of numbskulls." He said quite amused, mocking his kind. After a while, his face became neutral, "So again, what brings you here?"

Aramis was always straight to the point. No pleasantries. He was one of the oldest converted vampires, and somewhat feared as well among the converted. He respected the sacred laws of coexistence, but he had his rowdy moments. For an ancient vampire, he can act like an out of control teenager. He was of French descent with short black hair styled scruffily. He had cold brown eyes and lips turn up into a smirk.

"Always straight to point." I said with a frown, "A newborn attacked a human, Aramis. I thought we reminded you if one of your kind turned a human, it is protocol to educate the laws to avoid confrontation with the higher ups."

"I know. I explicit told them that if ever they turned someone, it is a must to inform the converted about the laws." He countered.

"You make sure this doesn't happened again, Aramis. You know the rules."

He nodded to affirm, "I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. I'll call for a meeting with the others."

"Good." I said then spun around to leave. I was about to jump over the gate when Aramis stop me, "Derek, wait!"

I glanced over my shoulder, "Yes?"

"Something big's going to happen soon." He said.

I spun around and frowned, "What do you mean?"

He shook his head, "I don't know. I just feel it. Call it a vampire intuition, but you know how it is, Derek. We have the knack to tell an incoming threat. But this one, it's big and foreboding." Then he added solemnly, "and I'm afraid to admit this, but one way or the other, it's going to scare the big Jesus out of the entire supernatural realm."

I scoffed, "Pure poppycock Aramis."

He shrugged, "I'm just saying, Derek."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm leaving." Then spun around again and leapt into the air and landed on the other side of the gate.

Now time to have a little talk with my fellow Elders.