My Benefactor Chapter Four

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Four
Picture on the side is Reagan (elite model Violet Budd)
Enjoy! :-D No proofreading done.

************

I was about to get in my car when someone called out my name, "Reagan! Reagan!"

I spun around and saw Ciara walking over to me with a brooding Bryson in tow. It was funny to see him looking all doom and gloom, since he was the type of guy who could light up a room with a single smile. He had charisma and social skills. If he were to run for Student Council, he could win by a landslide. I'm pretty sure majority of those votes were from girls well, probably the one who shamelessly fawned over him. I shuddered at the thought.

I leaned on my car, folding my arms over my chest and grinned, "Hey! What's up, Ciara?"

She stopped when she reached my car and gawked, "Reagan? Is that your car?"

I chuckled at her reaction, "Yeah. It was a gift. A bit flashy but hey, a car's a car," then end it with a shrug.

She stared at me as if I had lost my mind, "Reagan, that is not just a car. That is a Porsche 918 Spyder. It's worth a whooping million smackaroos on the market."

I rolled my eyes, "Like I would know that. It was a gift and I needed a car, so what the heck. As long as it gets me from point A to point B, then I'm good. Regardless of the brand."

She smiled, "Still humble as ever." She wrapped her arms around a gloomy Bryson's waist. He looked down at her and gave a small smile, but it was forced, making him looked constipated. I wonder why.

Then the tension was back again. Cue in the flapping Pterodactyls.

I struggled to start a conversation to loosen the awkward air a bit, "Um..." I started, but the heavenly sound of my phone blaring out saved me from this dreadful situation. I gave them a sheepish look and took out my phone to answer it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said. I looked at Ciara and she was giving me a 'who's that?' look but I just rolled my eyes. She was still nosy as ever.

"Hey Ree. It's Derek."

I perked up a bit, "Oh hey Derek! What's up?" I asked. Bryson was furrowing his eyebrows looking at me.

"Are you on your way home?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'm on my way home."

"Good, because I have something to give you." He said. I could imagine the grin plastered on his face while saying this. He really loved to give me things.

I chuckled, "Another gift?" then continued using my mock serious tone, "You need to stop spoiling me, Derek. You already had given me too much."

He chuckled on the other line, "Is it so wrong to spoil my favorite person rotten as a kid's teeth for eating too much candy?"

I rolled my eyes at his lame excuse, "Seriously, Derek. Stop giving me things."

"Just come home, Reagan." He said with a sigh.

I sighed, "Fine. Be home in a few."

He chuckled, "Good. I love you little one."

"Love you too, dorkface. And again with the little one! You know I'm not little, you idiot!" I growled.

He laughed out loud with my reaction, "You will always be my little one, Reagan." then he hanged up.

I glared at my phone willing it to incinerate into ashes. Stupid Derek. With one more attempt to light up my phone on fire with my mind, I slid the phone back to my pocket and sighed.

"Who's Derek?" Bryson all of a sudden piped up with a slight anger etched to his face, which had me quirking my eyebrows.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked, puzzled by his sudden change of mood. Bryson has gone bipolar.

"Derek is the person I'm living with." I replied simply.

"Is he your boyfriend, Reagan? Ciara asked curiously.

I smirked feeling devilish all of a sudden, "Maybe, maybe not."

She frowned, "You just said 'I love you' to him."

I shook my head. Ciara can be naive at times, "Ciara, do you think saying I love you to a guy would automatically call him as my boyfriend?"

"Well..." she drawled, not sure what to counteract to that.

"Saying I love you can mean different things, depending on the person you're saying it to. In Derek's case, you figure it out." I said smirking.

Bryson walked a few paces towards me then stopped, "Who is Derek?" he fumed then pointed at my car, "He can afford to buy you an expensive car, so is he some sort of sugar daddy or something? What? are you sleeping with him so that he can give you what you want? Some whore you are, Reagan." He sneered at my face, which had me boiling from anger at his crude remark.

Without warning, I raised my hand and slapped Bryson's pathetic face hard, making his face flip to the other side, "Don't you dare call me a slut, Bryson. The only whore here is you because when we were together, you were humping Rebecca's brains out, and might I add, you were freaking enjoying it." I paused then continued, "Derek is a good guy and he is not my sugar daddy. He helped me when I was shattered to pieces because of you and what my parents did to me. Derek is nothing more than my saviour..." I trailed the in a whisper I added, "My angel..."

Bryson stood there motionless, still holding his sore cheek. Ciara, however, was not pleased with what I did, "Reagan! You didn't have to do that. That was highly unnecessary." She said while fussing over her loser of a boyfriend, who was staring at me with mixed emotions flicking across his face.

I stared at her in disbelief, "What the hell, Ciara? He said something that was way out of line, and you're defending him?" I couldn't believe her. I'm her best friend and her boyfriend just said something like I'm some kind of trailer trash. She should be defending me, not him.

"But Reagan, he's--" but I cut her off.

"Whatever, Ciara. Save it. Tell your precious boy toy to watch his freaking mouth and, he doesn't have the right to judge a person." I said in a hard tone, which had her flinching, but meekly nodded.

"Look, I gotta go." I said then got inside my car and started it. I revved the engine out of spite for them. I backed out and gunned it out of there, leaving them eating my dust.

Some best friend Ciara turned out to be.