Chapter Two

Disclaimer. Nothing owned by me.

                                          Chapter two

   Everyone's eyes landed on me as I came down. Everyone was there including Edward. Esme stepped up.

   "Did you take these pictures?" She gestured around the room, I nodded. "They're amazing Bella."

   "Thank you." She smiled. "What are you guys doing on my property?" Her smile fell.

   "We just wanted to see-"

   "If you wanted to see me or check up on me you would have done so five years ago. I don't think you have a right." I said curtly, she looked like she was going to sob. Rosalie stepped up.

   "You listen here you little brat! You’re lucky we came to visit you, and you’re the one who got knocked up out of high-school." My eyes narrowed in anger.

   "Don't you bring Lilith into this." She laughed.

   "Oh Lilith? Pretty name. Who's the father? One of the mutts?" I brought my hand back and smacked her. I felt my hand shatter in certain places but I didn't pay attention to it.

   "Her mother's name is Lily Robertson and her father is Christopher Robertson. Christopher died in a car accident four months before she was born and her mother died giving birth from losing to much blood. I adopted her two weeks out of high-school because I saw her while I was working part time at the foster-care. I managed to juggle being a mom, and going to collage three to four days a week. I got a part time modeling job and a scholar-ship for photography. I was hired as an official photographer, and model. I have all three degrees, collage, photography, and high-school. And the Pack are not mutts. They're the one who encouraged me and pushed me to do all this, and watch Lilith while I was at collage. And news flash! I can't have kids. Ever! My womb isn't stable enough! I've known that since I was fourteen, my pap smear(sorry) told me. Do not bring my daughter into this. Never. I'm right, none of you have any right to be in my house, in my property, or in my sight." My hand throbbed, I looked down, and it was twice its size. I went to the kitchen wrapping ice in a rag around it.

   "I...I" Rosalie stuttered. I glared at her. Esme was dry-sobbing. Alice was staring at the floor.

   "Any other comments about my daughter?" I looked around. "No? Good."

   "Bella? May one of us look at your hand?" Carlisle asked his eyes filled with sadness. I thought about this for a moment, if I let them I didn't have to leave Lilith here alone. I sighed. 

   "Fine." But surprisingly Jasper stepped up, it was hard not to let my breath hitch.

   "May I do it Bella? I have my medical degree." I nodded slowly, he smiled and removed my hand from the rag. I took this opportunity to look at him. I never noticed him before because Edward always had us separated. He had dirty blond locks that fell into his face, sharp angular features, his eyes were perfect almond shaped golden eyes, they seemed to glitter, and long blond lashes framed them. High cheek-bone, sharp jaw, plump lips... I hurriedly moved myself from that thought. His shoulders were broad, and his body shape was lengthy and long, yet muscular. I could see the muscles of his torso and stomach shift as he moved, through the white cotton shirt. He was also wearing naturally bleached jeans, and a pair of black cowboy boots. Dang.  "It seems to be broken in the knuckles, and a few finger bones. I'll wrap it up tonight then tomorrow we'll get some kind of brace for it." I nodded.

     His long cool fingers, were very soothing as he checked my hand. So when he went to get something to wrap it up in, I almost whimpered. He was quickly back, and wrapped it up. I looked at the others, then the time. It was eleven.