Chapter Six

Chapter Six:

                Jasper and I stared at her shocked, then at each other. I stepped forward, my body slightly shaking.

                "That's.... very good sweetie. Now come on, let's get you into the tub." She nodded, and bounced up the stairs.  I stared after her for a moment then looked at Jasper.

                "Are you ok?" He whispered as he wrapped his arms around my waist slowly. I nodded and sighed.

                "I guess I was shocked how she responded to it." He nodded and kissed my forehead. I melted against his chest.

                "Personally, I couldn't ask for a better reaction." I laughed, and backed away from him.

                "I've got to give her a bath." He sighed mockingly.

                "I guess I'll be here. Alone. With no one to talk to me." He dragged on as he walked into the living room. I rolled my eyes and walked up the stairs.

************************

                I sighed as I curled up into Jasper's side. We were in a chair, curled up under a blanket, drinking coffee, and watching a movie. The ultimate romantic scene. I looked up at the clock. Ten A.M. Lilith was at school, and we came back here to watch movies.

                "We better get up or I'll be here all day." I said, trying to get up. He helps me beside him.

                "I'm fine with that." He murmured. I rolled my eyes.

                "Come on Jasper, we need to do something." He mock pouted but stood up.

                "What did you have in mind?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. I bit my lip as I thought. I didn't want to do anything major or drastic. Just something simple. I then beamed as the idea hit me. A picnic.

                "I want to have a picnic. I know you can't eat, but--" He cut me off by pressing a finger against my lips. His smile was gentle, and his eyes shone with love.

                "Of course. A brilliant idea." He leaned down and kissed me softly, gently. I sighed happily as I looked up at him.

                "I don't want anything big Jasper. Just a simple picnic." He put a hand over his heart.

                "I promise not to make an 'Alice based' picnic." I giggled, at this and he disappeared. I stretched my arms over my head, and went to brush my hair and such. When I came back down, of course he was ready and waiting for me. A classic picnic basket and a dark green and blue quilt folded over his arm. "Are you ready?" I smiled. "I hope you don't mind but I already picked a spot." I smiled at him.

                "It is fine Jasper." He smiled and suddenly I was in his arms. "What are you doing?"

                "The place we're going, we can't take a vehicle." Oh. I relaxed against his chest, and we were gone. I kept my eyes closed, and imagined that I was listening to his heartbeat. I imagined it was the same uneven tempo as mine. "We're here." He whispered into my ear and brushed his lips across my forehead. I opened my eyes and looked around. My jaw dropped, and there was nothing I could ever do to stop it. We were in the middle of a grassy clearing, and in the very middle was a single willow tree. This place was so much different than what Edward's and mine was. This was simple, beautiful. I loved it. I closed my eyes for a moment just relaxing.

                "It's beautiful." He smiled down at me, placing another gentle kiss onto my lips. He walked us over, and underneath the tree. He sat me on my feet for a moment, spread out the blanket, and then laid us both down on it. He started unpacking the food. Far too much food. "Jasper! There is no way I could eat this all." He just smiled at me. And for a moment, I could feel his complete happiness. He loved this. I did to, and I sent back my happiness to him. He then started getting out lemonade, and poured a glass of it. I took a long drink, it was cold and refreshing. He then started shifting through the food.

                "What do you want?" He asked gesturing to the buffet in front of him. I bit my lip, automatically moving the deserts off to the side. I then reached over for the sandwiches.

                "What kind are these?" I asked.

                "Roast beef, Swiss cheese, and lettuce." I smiled, that sounded amazing. I ate the half’s slowly, as Jasper braided my hair, and then unbraided it. After three half’s I stopped and looked through the other foods. Peaches! I loved peaches. They were round, and plump. Perfect. I took a deep bite, and juices covered my face. I blushed at the thought of how ridiculous I looked. Jasper just smiled, took a napkin and gently wiped the juices from my face. This went on for a while. Then we just lay on the blanket. Deciding to let my food digest before eating any deserts. The wind was cool, but not cold. It was amazing. The perfect day. Then Jasper pulled something out of the bag and I went crazy. Cookies. A whole variety of them. I bite into a chocolate-chip one and moaned. The middle was soft and gooey.

                "Amazing." I sighed happily. I scarfed as many as I could down. Afterwards we resumed the position from earlier. "Jasper, this is amazing. Thank you." I leaned over and kissed him. Our emotions wrapped tightly around us, causing us to gasp then laugh.

                "Dance with me." He said, and stood up. I frowned.  

                "Jasper, I don't really know how to dance." He smiled.             

                "You don't have to." I took his hand and he lifted me up. And then I understood what he meant. I didn't have to know. He just wrapped my arms around his waist, and his around mine, and we swayed in circles. He hummed what sounded like ballroom songs almost. I enjoyed it, because a small feeling was creeping up on me telling me, that this was only temporary.