Chapter Eleven

Jasper's POV

Her heart's still beating. But her  skin is hard. She been going through the transformation for a week now. Her body is completely still except for a twitch every now and then. My fingers trailed over her face and across the scars . A low growl escaped my throat at the bigger one, the one I had to cover up.

"How's she doing son?" Carlisle asked behind me. I sighed.

" I don't know...why hasn't she came through yet? Its been--" I was cut off by her high pitched screaming.

Bella's POV

I want to comfort Jasper but I can't. There's too much pain. I was being pulled apart. It felt like someone had caught me on fire and then put it out with ice water. Over and over. Why was this happening?  No one warned me about this. Why did Alice and Edward have to interfere? And Alice bit me. She hated me so much so she bit me to keep me human so I would be at the mercy of the brothers.  I just didn't understand why she hated me that much.

Another scream escaped my lips. It didn't matter how hard I tried I couldn't stay quiet. Jasper's hands cradled my face in his hands. I wanted to kiss his palms and tell him it was all ok that the pain would end soon--

Everything just stopped. I heard nothing, felt nothing, and of course saw nothing.

And then all the sudden it hit me all at once. I gasped and my eyes flew open and I met Jasper's dark eyes. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him. My fingers tangling in his hair, my lips molded to his cool ones-

Cool ones?  I pulled back and looked at him confused. He stared right back.

"What's going on?" I whispered softly . He took a deep breath.  While I was going through the transformation he told me about Edward and Alice.

"It seems you're still part human." My mouth fell open. How?

"Why didn't the rest of the venom work?" He shook his head frowning.

"I'm not sure. .."

"The others..."

"Edward and Alice have been disposed of. And Carlisle, Rose, and Emmet are here. Esme is at the house with Lilith. " my head whirled.

"What do we do ?"

"First we need to see,what you will be able to consume. " as  if on cue Emmet came in and the smell of pizza filled my nose. A familiar sense of hunger washed through me and I took the box from him. I grabbed a large piece and scarffed it down.

"Well  she still likes human food." Emmet boomed laughing. I would of blushed if I wasn't....what I was?

"And her heart beats faster than a human's. " Carlisle noted.

"What about blood?" Rose asked and it seemed everyone in the room froze. Including me. Carlisle held a bottle in his hand. I couldn't see inside because of the dark cup but the thick sloshing told me everything. He swirled it once and the smell of blood filled,the room. Emmet and Rose were suddenly gone. I took the cup slowly. Terrified of what could happen. Jasper's large hand covered my shoulder and he slowly raised the cup to my lips.

Thd first sip I tasted nothing,  maybe because of nerves. But the second sip...I tasted everything.

Have you ever ate something and it wasn't bad but it wasn't something you'd ask for again? That's what it was. But somewhere inside me...it satisfied  something . Calmed it.

"Amazing ." Jasper whispered as I finished the cup.  "You don't even crave it...you just need it to a point." That reminded me of something.

"Does that mean I get to see Lilith soon?" Jasper and Carlisle meet eyes. I wanted to see my daughter if I could.

"First we need to test your strength." I nodded solemnly . Didn't want to crush Lilith . Emmet was back in. He flexed and I laughed.

"Let's see Whatcha got Bells." Rose steppe s between us.

"Here put these on first. " she handed me a stack of clothes. I smiled gratefully and went to the bathroom.  I stepped in front of the full length,mirror and looked at my body. I was....a little disappointed.

My hair was more fuller and had a graceful shine even without the light. My skin pale and looked flawless but had...warm tones where the others had cool tones. My eyes were red but it looked like brown leaked through.  I didn't get any taller. Most of the unwanted fat was gone. But I was still small everywhere. 

But as I looked harder I noticed I still looked...almost unearthly. Only my beauty was delicate. Not intimidating like Rose.  I slipped on the clothes and went outside where,everyone  was gathered. Emmet jumped to my side and grabbed my arm. I yanked it out of his hand, and he raised an eyebrow. I then noticed I shouldn't of been able to free myself from him. But I did it almost effortlessly. I grinned and launched myself onto him. It caused us to roll across the  ground. He pinned me an I bucked him off. Our fight started getting harder. Neigther one of us was better than the other. We couldn't over power the other. Suddenly I was puller into Jasper's arms.

"I can't stand to do nothing anymore." I giggled softly and leaned back against him. Suddenly another scent hit my nose. Blood. And then I smelt lilies.  Lilith! I turned and saw my little girl . She had fell and was now sitting on the ground . Blood on her hands and knees.