Chapter 7.5

"You're sure that this is the girl?".

"Yeah, we've been tracking here for the past week. 8 days to be exact.".

I toss a photograph of Stephanie onto his desk - it shows her lying, facing up, in the grass with a couple of people. Classmates, probably.

"She looks normal.".

"...and in the context of?".

"Nevermind.".

"No, really. Go on, she looks normal. Of course, for all we know she's a 20-year old female human. Student. Works part time at her dad's diner. That's what we've been able to conclude after monitoring her for the past week-8 days."

"That's it? She's a student and she works at her dad's diner. For all we know, this could be any normal girl we're observing.".

"She's not.".

"...and how would you know? Have you managed to get any form of solid evidence? Video clips? Photos?".

"No".

"Well? How do you know for sure, then?".

"We've been trying to catch her in the act, changing, but she seems a lot more aware of her surroundings than expected.".

"A team of 5, trained reconnaissance experts mind you, can't seem to pin a single form of evidence on a 20-year old sports science university student who works part time at her dad's diner? Short of her being a former military agent, I don't see how long can she keep this up.". 

"So, what do you suggest then?".

"Be patient. Be consistent. She'll slip up sooner or later.".

"Yes, sir.".