Chapter 12

Hey I know I haven't worked on this story in forever! This summer will be better I promnise! I'm just so busy, you have no idea. Anyways alot of people have been voting for this or adding it to there libraries so I thought It would be good to work on it.... This chapter is pretty important. You will find later on why :) Thanks to all my new fans and readers, I love you guys!!!!

Song- Fast Times at Clairemont High by Pierce The Veil I'm not sure if the song fits or not but it's been stuck in my head so.... ya :)

Dedicated to rotXinXpieces Because all of you awesome people should check out her stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avery's P.O.V

I woke up completely warm for the first time in what felt like forever. I peeked my right eye open and saw that Anoki was lying next to me, a grimace painted on his face. I watched in alarm as his face contorted in even more pain. What the hell?

"Anoki! Anoki!" I cried shaking his arms trying to get him to wake up. His skin was hot and clammy like he had a fever. "Please! Wake up!" By now I was panicking. He started to mumble things and groan, still asleep. Worried, I jumped up out of the bed and raced towards the door. Even though I didn't like him, or trust him, I knew Zander was the only one who would know what to do. It must have something to do with the ritual yesterday.

"Avery?" I heard Zander ask from behind me. I whirled around and launched myself at him.

"Please Zander! You have to help him! Something's wrong!" I said in a rush grabbing at his shirt in desperation.

"I'm positive he will be fine. But if it makes you sleep better, I'll check on him." He was irritated I could tell. Well sucks to suck Mister. We walked back towards the room I had just come from. Anoki was still mumbling and twitching scarily. My heart was beating faster by the minute as I watched what happened next.

A ear shattering scream burst from between his lips, one of complete and total anguish. I watched as ivory horns burst out from the skin on his head, curling under slightly. Pearly white fangs slid from bloody gums shining in the faint lamp light. His finger nails became thicker and pointier, like claws. He continued to twitch for a few minutes until his body seemed to freeze. Instead of waking up like I had hoped he would, he passed out, unconscious.

"What the hell just happened? What did you do to him?" I cried throwing myself at Zander pounding my fists into his chest screaming in rage. He caught my wrists and held them above my head.

"I suggest you stop, if you want to live that is." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What. Did. You. Do?"

"I did nothing but speed up the process. Your Anoki is and always was a demon."

"What? How can that be?" I watched a smirk form on his face.

"Well, let' just say that Anoki's mother, Hachi, got around. She slept with a demon and became pregnant. To cover it up, she 'married' Otaktay who was totally in love with her. Nine months later, out pops Anoki. When Otaktay realized this, he found a way to have Hachi killed without anyone else knowing. He was heartbroken. Anoki looked to much like his mother for Otaktay to kill him so he raised him as his own son, with no one the wiser."