Chapter 14

Avery's P.O.V

"Can you stop him? What if he hurts himself?" I tried yanking away from Zander's hold but it was useless. As much as I hate to admit it, I was little and he wasn't.

"He will be fine. Just let him blow off some steam." I frowned as he smiled down at me.

"But he's going to hurt himself." I sank down to the ground, Zander still holding my wrist. He was quiet for a moment. Then he let go of my wrist and crouched down beside me.

"Are you really that worried about him? What about my son makes you care about him so much?" I thought about it. Everything that makes him Anoki, that's what I wanted to say. But what exactly does that mean? Do I like his demon side too? Or is he fully a demon now? Do I still love him?

Yes, I love him more than I anything else, than anyone else.

I look at Zander. "It's his humanity." I start to stand up. "Even though he's part demon he's also human, he has human emotions, he cares about me, and others. He might be a demon, but he's nothing like you." I look down at Zander. There's something in his eyes, I'm not sure what it is exactly but it almost looks... sad. It's only there for a second before it's gone and amusement has taken it's place.

"You think he's still human? Just you wait and see." And with that, Zander is gone. He just disappeared, not a trace left.

I don't think I can ever get used to this place. I head down the hall towards the room I had woke up in, I didn't hear anything anymore, maybe he was done? I open the door to see Anoki lying in the middle of the room. The room is destroyed, if you could make a tornado and catch it on fire I think this would have been the outcome.

"Anoki?" I asked tentatively. He turned to face me and I saw tears running down his face.

"A-Avery I-I-Im sorry!" I walked over to him and sat down. I wrapped my arms around him, holding him tightly. I started rocking slowly, he was still crying. After awhile he finally started to calm down. I reached a hand up and started to rub his head, hoping to help settle him down.

Finally, he was quiet. "It's ok Anoki." I said breaking the silence. "I know you didn't want to scare or hurt me, and I also know you can't control it, it's all new to you, just like it's new to me. But you'll learn right? You know that we can make it through this, I know that you can make it through this. And I'll always be here alright?" I leaned down and kissed his forehead.

He sighed. "God Avery, what happened to me? It was like all the anger I've ever felt decided it was time to come out. I've never felt anything like that."

"It's ok. Whatever it was it's over now and that's all that matters. I was more worried that you would hurt yourself."

He turned and looked at me. "Why? I was afraid that I would hurt you, that you would hate me after seeing this horrible monster that I've become. Why would you worry about me? If I can't control these powers, I deserve to die."

Sorry it was so short, my stuff always seems to be! I just felt like this was the perfect place to end it. It's been forever, I know. I feel terrible about it but I just seem to get busier and busier! I'm a senior this years so there's been so much extra that I need to work on, looking at colleges, planning me future etc. Plus, as some of you know I have a boyfriend, we been together for over a year now and we are still at that stage were we always want to be together (if you wanna know more about our super cliche story book relationship just message me haha) but honestly I've also had a hard time knowing what to write. I apologize again for being a terrible author and person, I promise I'm trying!