Chapter 13

Anoki's P.O.V.

"Oh god Avery. Why do feel like I was hit by a truck?"

"Er that would have been better than what really happened." I quickly turned towards him.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"See for yourself." he sheepishly held up a mirror. I gasped.

I had horns! And fangs! And claws!

"What the hell happened!" I cried in horror.

"Yo-yo-your p-part demon." Avery hiccupped as his eyes filled with tears and fear, of me.

"Shhh its ok, don't cry! You will be fine. I promise. What are you still doing here anyways?" I sounded calm, but on the inside I was having a freaking spaz attack. I mean I would say he's insane, but I have horns!

"I wanted to stay with you." he sniffled rubbing his eyes cutely. "I don't want to lose you now."

I hugged him and kissed his forehead. "I'm really nothing special. Plus what are your parents going to do? I told them I would get you back to them, safe and sound."

Tears filled his eyes again. "Don't send me away! Please let me stay with you!" I felt like a complete dick, making him cry like this.

"I don't want you to get hurt though. What would I do if something happened to you? I can't even imagine life with out you." I may have just realized how much I loved him not too long ago but I would do everything I could to protect him, and if that means getting him away from me then that's what will happen.

"Anoki!" Avery cried and wrapped his arms around me, his body shaking with sobs. "Please don't make me leave! I can't go back! I can't face my parents knowing what I do about myself. I can't disappoint them like that!"

"What do you mean? They're your parents! Why would you disappoint them? It's not your fault you were kidnapped." I was slightly confused.

"I-I-I'm not completely human. I'm a shape shifter. I don't want them to hate me!"

"What? How? When? Where? Huh?" If I was confused before I was completely lost now.

"That's why I'm not allowed to leave."

"That bastard! We had a deal! He said he would let you go." I growled. I could feel the rage boiling inside my stomach churning like a volcano set to erupt.

"A-Anoki? You're glowing." Avery was shaking, his beautiful blue eyes wide with fear.

This wasn't right. I don't think I can remember ever being this angry. Not even when Zander kidnapped Avery. Mostly I was just mad at myself for not protecting him, for letting him out of my sight, for letting them hurt him! But this, this was different. I couldn't control it. I was scaring Avery, I knew that, and yet it just made it worse. I could feel my body heat up, almost like I was on fire. I looked at my hands, they were glowing a reddish color almost like a heater.

"Anoki?" Avery reached out a hesitant hand. He placed it gently on my arm and just as quickly removed it a scream flying past his lips. His hand, I burnt his hand. He stared up at me in absolute horror. He climbed off the bed and backed away, slowly, towards the door. This made my anger grow. Just because I suddenly got hot, he was running away like a little girl? He obviously didn't care about me the way I care about him.

"STOP!" A voice boomed. Suddenly the rage was gone, almost like it had never been there, the only proof the smoke curling through the air all around me. I turned to the door way to see a man standing there. Avery stood behind him using him as a shield of sorts

Sometime during my silent fuming Avery had escaped the room. "Why me? Why now? Why can't I do anything right?" I yelled furious. Suddenly I was on a rampage of destruction. I was flipping over furniture tearing the pillows and blankets to shreds, and there was fire, fire everywhere. Everything I touched lit up like it was dowsed in gasoline. I couldn't control myself. It was like all the anger I have ever felt towards anything had just hit me full force and exploded. All I could see was red, it consumed me, my entire being and it didn't stop.

But for some reason, I didn't want it to.

I woke up laying on the floor, the room around me was destroyed. I wonder what had happened? And where was Avery? Was he really let go? Was he safe?

I could't answer any of these questions. Nothing made sense, I couldn't remember a thing and that scared me, a lot. I needed to find some answers, like where Avery is and why this room is is so trashed. Was there a fight? Did Avery get hurt?

If that bastard or any of his goons touched a single hair on his head, I would kill them, I don't care who or what they are.

Consider them annihilated.

Vote

Comment

And add to your library if you haven't already