Chapter 29- Thanksgiving Thursday November 27 2014

I headed up the steps of Aunt Marissa's house with Melly in my hand and everyone else behind me. I waited patiently as Liam knocked on the door waiting for someone to respond.

"Ohhh, welcome! Come on in, come on in!" Marissa said, opening the door to a full house.

For this year's Thanksgiving, my aunt invited us and other family members to her ranch house to celebrate the holiday. The smell of pumpkin spice intrudes my nostrils as I entered the house, the people are in their own little crowd, drinking liquor and talking about whatever. The decorations are nice with the fall leaves spreading all around the wall and a pin up poster of turkey by the corner, so the kids can play pin the tail on the turkey. Everything just seems chill in the Autumn-like atmosphere.

"Guys." Aunt Marissa voice came in, snapping me out of my trance, I turned around to see my short, red-headed aunt with her arm wrapped around a tall lady. Wow, I didn't expect that. "This is my fiance, Lauren Kills. We're about to get married in June."

"Wow! Congratulations" Echoed from us.

I smiled as the two ladies showed off their engagement ring to us. I don't have too many LGBT family members or friends, which is probably why Aunt Marissa took so long to come out, but I do accept them for who they are as I do know what it's like to love someone very special to me. Love is love after all.

After my aunt and aunt-to-be left to attend to the turkey in the oven, I roamed around the house with Melly in my hand, who cringed her nose in discomfort.

"What's wrong? Is it time?" I asked, squeezing her hand to get her attention. She's been making the same face for a few weeks now, and I never know if it's a sign of premature labor or whatever it is that's happening between her and the baby. While she always reassure me that it's nothing, reminding me it's just what the doctor and nurse at the OB/GYN warned us about the weeks following labor, I can't help, but feel concerned about something that I know nothing about. I've never faced anything close to this in my life. What else am I supposed to do except ask?

"Nah. I'm fine." She said, composing herself. "I just need to go to the bathroom to freshen up."

"Alright, want me to come with you?" I asked. We're each other's company after all.

"No, I'm fine. Go talk to your cousins. I'll be out in no time." Melly reassured me, heading off to the hallway to find a bathroom.

I sighed as I looked around before I spotted Jimmy, Timmy, and Sally drinking apple cider as they talked to my brother, John, about whatever. I smiled as started to approach them.

"What's up, guys? Long time, no see." I said, tapping my brother's back as I joined the conversation.

"Hey! What's up?" Our small crowd echo.

"Nothing much, nothing much. Just got here." I answered.

"Where's the bae?" Jimmy asked.

"Yeah, did she finally dumped your ugly ass by now?" His brother responded.

"No, no. Melly's fine. She's in the bathroom." I replied, "By the way, if I really were ugly, I wouldn't have been able to get as far as to take her chastity. She could have been out of my life by now, but she's still here, so." 

"True, true. You're doing alright, bro." Timmy said, patting my back. I shrugged it off and looked around the room to see if the said girl would come back. But much to my dismay, I don't see her all too familiar brunette hair anywhere. I hope she's okay.

"So how far along are you guys with you know?" Sally asked, snapping me out of my little search for my girl.

"Oh, um, we just got into our eighth months of pregnancy. We only have five weeks left until baby's here. It could be sooner, but who knows? I just hope it won't be too soon, you know?" I responded.