Chapter 11- Monday Morning Monday, June 9, 2014

I parked my car in the school's parking lot, before turning off the ignition. I looked at my brunette girlfriend, who looked extremely tired for someone going back to school on a Monday morning. I know as teenagers, it's our natural instinct to feel this tired after a long weekend, especially if you're a pregnant teenager, but she looks like she'll pass out any minute.

"You okay?" I asked, startling her from her thoughts. She looked at me with wide eyes, without a trace of happiness in them. "I can take you home, if you don't feel well today. I don't care if I'm late or not."

"It's fine, Derek." Melly said, taking a deep breath in,"I'll suck it up like everyone else."

"You don't have to if you really cannot stay up the whole day." I said

I can't stand seeing her in this condition. I feel as if the pregnancy is taking the life out of her, all the sudden. I read a lot of books saying that being depressed is a normal symptom, but not sure I'm not sure if it's to this extent. Maybe it's normal for someone who suffers depression like Melly, or maybe it's time to see Dr. Adam again. We don't have to see him for another week, but if this continues, I will bump up our scheduled appointment.

"Really, I'm going to be fine. Besides, I can't go home just because I'm "tired". That's a lazy excuse." Melly said. She managed to form a smile on her small, worn out face as she put a warm hand on my cheek. "Really. Don't worry about me."

"Too bad. I have to. You're my girlfriend and baby's mommy. I have to make sure you're okay at all time." I said. She knows that I cannot not worry about her. It's my thing. Sure, I shouldn't overwhelm her every time she gets a cut or bruise, but I can't help it. I feel like I have to be even overprotective after what she told me and our friends on Saturday night. "You jump, I jump, remember?"

"Well, it isn't even depression this time, I can assure you that." She said, "It's just that I had a short weekend and I had to spend all night, correcting your spelling and grammar mistakes for the paper that is due today. Geez, I should take you back to first grade for that."

Oh yeah. I forgot about that part.

"Sorry." I said, frowning.

"It's okay. Just please try not to do your assignments at the last minute. I'm willing to help, but--" Melly shook her head, rubbing her eyelids in exhaustion. "Don't wake me up, if I fall in sleep in class."

"I have to, because I don't want you to get in trouble." I answered. She's not getting a detention under my watch. Not that she gets herself into trouble in the first place.

"I'm a B+ average student. I don't think they would care." She sighed.

"Still, it would make you look bad to the teachers." I told her.

"You're right. So why don't we get into class before we get a detention?" Melly said, trying to sound upbeat.

I sighed in defeat, knowing she won't change her mind. "Alright, let's get to class then."