Chapter 22- The Birth of The Drama Queen Monday, September 1, 2014

This chapter is short, but significant to the story and the next few chapter.

I raced my car down my street, keeping my mind off of how silly I look in this trashed car and on the most important person right now: Melly. Poor Melly, I know she didn't want them to come after me. We tried to protect each other's asses from the vultures that you call teenagers. She probably blames herself and is crying herself to sleep, if she hasn't already. I just pray that it's just that and not doing anything dangerous to herself. I parked in the garage, hurried out of the vehicle and into the house.

To my surprise, Melly was sitting on the couch in sweats, watching TV once I walked in. She's also not crying, but it took a few more steps before I saw the tear streaks on her face and a tall, green bottle in her hand. I glared at her.

"Melina Martinez, what the hell are you doing?" I said, trying to keep my voice low to not upset her.

"Watching TV. What does it look like I'm doing?" She said, sounding like her usual self.

I crossed my arms over my chest and continued to look at her. "That bottle in your hand. Is that alcohol?"

"What? No. You know I can't drink that trash. Nor do I want to. No, this is just sparkling apple cider." She said, "It's no big deal."

I sighed a relief, feeling stupid of accusing her of alcohol. I know Melly better than that. Then I asked the most standard question of all time. "Are you okay?"

"Fine. Never better." She said with a smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes. I can tell by that comment that she's not fine.

I sighed, sitting right next to her. "You can talk to me if you'd like."

"Really. I'm fine. In fact I'm happier that I could ever be. Those kids want to be nasty? Fine. Let them be nasty. But they can't expect that people won't fight back for long." Melly smirked, raising the green bottle to her mouth.

I gulped, hoping she doesn't have any meaning behind those words.

{_}

Tuesday, September 2, 2013

Twenty-three Weeks Pregnant

I wait in the passenger seat for Melly to come out the guest house. She asked to drive today, so I permit her to do so. Nothing wrong with her driving. I'm just worried about her mindset after everything that happened yesterday. She didn't say anything about it after her comment yesterday, but I can tell she's up to something.

Cladded in a light blue denim jacket with a black pleated skirt and a black ray ban on her heart-shaped face, she climbed into her car with a lollipop stick hanging out of her mouth like a cigarette.

I raised an eyebrow as she put on her seatbelt. "Mel?"

"Hmm?" She hummed.

"What are you up to?" I asked, worried about her and everyone else she will affect today.

"Don't worry about it, tiger." Melly responded as she turned on the ignition. "Everything will be just fine."

I gulped as we took off towards the road, praying that she won't do anything crazy today.

{_}

Melly and I went inside the school building, first being stopped by Brittany and Blake with their group of friends behind them. Brittany was about to say something, but much to everyone's surprise, Melly raised a finger at her, preventing her from saying anything.

"No, no, no. I talk, you listen." Melly said. "You're a bitch and you should be ashamed of yourself."

Everyone around us gasped in shock that she would say that to the Queen bee, but her. Is she out of her mind? Of course everyone has been thinking of the same thing since day one, but to actually say it to Brittany is something no one has dared to do.

"And Blake, you're an asshole." Melly continued, causing to gasp again. "Have a good day, peasants."

She then knocked Brittany's pom poms out of her hands and kicking it to the side, so she couldn't reach other before she passed around the popular clique, leaving the rest to look at her behind in shock.

"What the fuck?" Blake yelled in shock.

"Who is she?" I questioned.

"Did you hear what she said?" Brittany said, angrily turning to us.

When everyone messed with Melly yesterday, it switched her to become some strange person. The girl that I know and love wouldn't dare to think of doing something like this. I understand she's had enough, but this isn't way to go. I wish she knew that, but unfortunately if think that part of her died. And this is what I conclude the day that the drama queen was born.