Chapter 28- Halloween Friday, October 31, 2014

I've gone back to school after another week of being bedridden and things are better. The popular kids aren't going hard on us as they did before as their new targets are the incoming freshmen. They make sure that they make the youngster feel unwelcomed in this hellhole and yet, no one does anything about it. Of course Melly and I still get sneers and a hurtful comments, but not as much as before. Melly helped me catch up with all my school work, helping me receive a C plus and above in all of our classes.

As for things with my girlfriend and I, things couldn't have been better. We're sleeping in the same bed again and we've gone on a few date so far. We haven't had sex yet nor do I think we will have sex until some time after she gives birth. But I'm fine with it. It feels like old times being with her, you know, before we had sex for the very first time, but stronger than ever. We would talk to resolve any conflict we have with each other(not that there were a lot) as we love each other more than whatever problems we have. We're still close to each other 24/7, but we give each other some space and privacy. It feels nice.

Now we're getting ready to go trick or treating around the neighborhood with my brother and step-sister for the entire night. I cannot wait to share a night of innocent fun with them.

I fixed my pirate hat in the mirror before going into the room that I share with Melly to find her looking at herself in a pumpkin costume. She looks like a total mom in that outfit. Then again, she is a mother, so who am I to comment on her look like that?

I mentally sighed in my head as I thought about how close we are to see our baby. Nine weeks. Nine weeks until I can met him or her. Nine weeks until I can hold him or her. Nine weeks until I have to get up at some ungodly hours to help attend my child's needs with Melly before school starts. This all takes nine weeks. I can't believe how fast Melly's pregnancy went by. It seems like it was only yesterday that Melly sang to me about her pregnancy and now we're here, seven months later anticipating the arrival of our child. We did it. We did everything in our willpower to make this pregnancy work so far. It was all worth it.

Melly smirked at me as she moved her eyes to me without turning her head. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." She said, sarcastically.

"Look at you. You look so adorable in your costume." I said, going over to her to wrap my arms around her waist from behind. I kissed her cheek as I looked at us in the mirror.

"As do you. That pirate costume kinda turns me on." She commented, turning her head at me to look me up and down.

"Oh really? Say that one more time and this whole thing will turn arrrg-rated very soon." I joked.

"Ha ha, very funny." She said, sarcastically at my terrible pun. "What are you going to do? Finger me with that fake hook of yours? Or should I say, hooker me?"

"Ha ha. That's actually a good term for it, but no. I'm not going to 'hooker' you or anything for a long time. Not until I see the baby's face. Even after that I'll wait for you." I said.

"Good." She said with a smile, kissing my lips. She broke the kiss and looked back in the mirror, putting on a smear of dark pink lip gloss on her plump lips. "Are you ready?"

"Are you sure about this? You're due in nine weeks, shouldn't you be taking it easy?" I asked, rubbing her shoulder. She's been have a lot of problems for a while that she claims is resolved once I give her a massage. I'm not too sure about that, but if it works, it works. "We can always stay home and watch a movie."

"Thanks, but no thanks. I rather go out when I can. It's not like I'm bedridden or anything." She replied the obvious.

"Don't jinx it." I warned her. Anything can happen, after all.

"I'm not. I promise you, Derek, everything will be fine." She assured me. I smiled at her words as I don't doubt her abilities to make things work. After all, it's Melly, bitch.

"Fine." I said, knowing she will not change her mind. "Let's go then."

I grabbed my Halloween bad and keys.

"Let's!" Melly exclaimed in excitement as she grabbed my hand and rushed us out the door.

{_}

"Trick or treat!" We all chanted to the old lady who opened the door for us. We smiled as we opened our Halloween bags towards her to receive our candies.

"Oohh! How adorable you guys are!" The lady commented on our costumes. While Melly is dressed as a pumpkin and I'm as a pirate, John is dressed like Waldo from Where's Waldo and Mia is dressed as Elsa from Frozen. "Here you go." We watched with eager eyes as she filled us up with various of sweets that will give us cavities before the night ends.

"Thank you!" We chanted before left the house for the next one.

"It's kind of hot tonight." John commented.

"Yeah, that's what happens when you go out in long sleeves while you go trick or treating in California. You know one of the warmest states in the country?" Melly answered as if it were the most obvious things to know.

"You didn't have to be rude about it." My brother muttered under his breath.

"That wasn't even rude. She was just stating the obvious." I said, defending my girlfriend.

John mumbled something unintelligible under his breath, when Melly said, "Look it's nice night. We're with a toddler. Let's not fight about something irrelevant right now. Okay?"

We all agreed as we knocked on someone else's homes for treats. We continued until we reach to end of the neighborhood, until I checked the time and realize it is passed Mia's bedtime.

{_}

"So how's Debbie? I haven't seen her in a long time." Melly asked John as she passed the popcorn bowl around as we watch The Nightmare Before Christmas in my parent's' living room. We were watching John Sparrow singing to his town about holiday in Christmas town.

"Kidnap the Sandy Claws

Tie him in a bag

Throw him in the ocean

Then see if he is sad." Lock, Shock, and Barrel sang on the screen.

"She's good, she's good. We're having a bit of a problem right now, but we're good." John answered.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked. While I do not like that girl, I know how much my brother cares about her. He hangs out a lot with her and his friends as I do with Melly and our friends.

"Eh, she likes attention and doesn't like it when I hang out with you guys as you know there's the tension that you guys have since freshman year. Not a big deal. I think it could be resolved, or at least I hope it does." John explained.

"That sucks, man." I commented.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I hope things work out." Melly said. She obviously doesn't like the girl either as she did make a move on me, but Melly is supportive of any relationship as long as both people are happy and no one is getting abused. That's what I love about her. She has such strong tolerance for love.

"It's fine. It's fine. Nothing for you guys to worry about. Let's just watch the movie." John said, shaking his head as he brushed his girlfriend problems under the rug. I nodded my head as I turned my head back towards the screen. Melly laid her head down my shoulder as I lay my head ontop of hers, making John kind of the third wheel of this little movie 'date'. We watched the movie with little to no conversation for the rest of the night as we binged on popcorn.

AN: Sorry if you didn't like this chapter, I know it's short and irrelevant to the storyline, but I have warned you in the previous chapter that the next two chapters are going to be a little irrelevant. These are just fun, filler chapter to write. And I love Halloween, so I just had to write it. So I hope you like it, if you don't, it's fine.

I do not own "Kidnapping the Sandy Claws" featured on The Nightmare Before Christmas(1993).